Saturday 2nd September 2023 Freedom is a dusty road heading to a highway

Morning!

Lyrics: Freedom is a dusty road heading to a highway
Californian skyways will lead us where we wanna stay

Yesterday's were Snoopy vs The Red Baron, The Royal Guardsmen 

What: 30-40 minutes hopefully

Why: just a steady run. Hopefully more cross training in the garden: forecast is good and blue skies at present. 

Had hoped to hear better news, Chamolk! Still time for a couple of twenty milers!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Afternoon!

What: 39 minutes 41 seconds

Why: easy run, although Garmin says it was productive 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    All a bit quiet today...
    Chamolk - good to hear, less so the continued chest problem. 

What - lighter track session, 6x200s for me (more for the others)
    why - mile race tomorrow
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - Thursday
    lyric - not so sure
  • Evening. Just getting ready to head in to work - 4 nights in a row unfortunately.

The chest itself is fine Dustin, I think I've just lost more fitness than I'd hoped. Went out today to do 10 miles, quietly hoping I might manage a half marathon if I felt good. Fell apart at about an hour, and ended up stopping at 8 miles. Walked for a bit then managed a run/walk home again. Certainly wasn't the confidence booster I'd hoped it would be, and put me in my place a bit. No chance of 20 miles for a while yet Ale.

Unfortunately looks like there's just no way I'll be fit for Chicago in 5 weeks so going to cancel. Looks like my hotel is a rate I can cancel, and my flight was booked with airmiles so that's refundable too. There's some system to defer a year so I'll maybe do that and aim for Chicago next October.

I still have an entry for the Dublin marathon at the end of October - 8 weeks from tomorrow. I'll see how things go over the next 4 weeks or so regarding increasing mileage then decide if I can manage it.

Not a great day, but looking at the bright side - I've no injuries and still have options. 

Lyrics no

Have a nice Saturday evening everyone