Morning!

Lyrics: Birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it

What: 60-70 minutes

Why: M78's call

Yesterday's lyrics were My Favourite Things from the Sound of Music

What news, Hazel and Dustin?

Another sunny day here!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

News is I had a shit weekend and DNS.  Sorry.

What: nothing
    Why: is there any point any more?  
    Ongoing hard: not getting a rubbish bag, putting in all of my running gear and momentos and setting fire to it.  Alternatively I could just put it out for collection tomorrow
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no

• Morning again!

Not what we want to hear, Hazel! Not quite sure what to say but please don't get rid of the gear! Think of the long term benefits of running...although I'm sure that you'll be thinking anything but at the moment. Anyway, hugs coming your way. Feel free to message, and I'm sure everyone else would say the same. 

What: about 72 minutes

Why: we had to take a detour so slightly longer than intended, and then forgot to restart the watch for a minute or two.  So I will have to run the course again to check the distance. Well, next week perhaps. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Hazel same as Alehouse  don't know what to say. But also feel free to message me if you want to talk. Maybe some no stress Runs do what you want when you want. Xx
    Hugs xx

What 4¼ miles run walk
    Why something easy 
    Last hard today warm 25° even run walking
    Lyrics  yes 
  • Hazel, sorry to hear. Hope you're okay. You've had rubbish weather etc and stress of house buying etc. Take a break and come back to it would be my advice!
  • Hiya
    ((((Hazel)))) - Heaven knows we all feel like that sometimes, but you know deep down you'll get the love back at some stage. 
    As others have said, feel free to DM if you want someone to sound off to. You WILL come back stronger.
    Els - sorry I missed the Lloyd Grossman "who lives in a house like this" yesterday. I would have failed miserably identifying....
    Pammie - well done, been toasty out there today
    Ale - Nice LSR!

What -  35 minutes easy fields
    Why - Recovery 
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - yesterday: Club's annual Mile race. 3 heats I try to seed, sub 5.30, 5.30-6.30, and 6.30+
    I'm in race 2, and was hoping for something close to 6 minutes. I hadn't planned on it being such a scorcher (I know, same conditions for everyone). But ran solidly enough, laps in 93, 94, 95 and 93 saw me home in 6.13.49
    tbh wasn't as hard going as I feared, if anything I could have gone a bit quicker but small progress from May (ran 6.24) Definitely need to work on more short speed, would love to get back towards 5.35-5.45 again!
    So different to long distance training 
    lyric - yes
  • Afternoon!

Nice work yesterday,  Dustin! Wondered how close to 6 you would get! And yes, very different to long distance training! I've had my arm twisted to do one...Next June. I had better start the speedwork now.