Sunday 10th September 2023 How can the light that burned so brightly

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Training
Morning...just!

Lyrics: How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?

From the chorus.  No creatures mentioned but there is a connection. 

What: about 45 minutes d&d

Why: enough

Yesterday's lyrics: They shoot horses don't they, Racing Cars
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Hiya
    what - 7.5 miles on dusty trails
    why - trail longer run
    last rest - 16/08
    last hard - that was , hot, muggy uneven paths…
    lyric - yes 
  • Afternoon (already?)

45 mins sounds good to me Ale.  Building a house (I assume - or big renovations?) is stressful as well.

Lovely pic yesterday Dustin - hope the wine was good.  I guess you would have hot and muggy at home as well at the moment - no escaping it.

Cornwall - nice Els.  How long will that take for you to get to in total?  It seemed to take forever from the Midlands even (Northampton).  I am busily writing a camping checklist at the moment.  The tent should stay up without pegs but not in windy weather I guess.

What: 10 miles with easy start and mild progression, another 1 and a bit sweaty cool-down
    Why: trying..
    Last hard: that wasn't easy - I got the progression right at least (rare enough occurrance).  2k @ 8min/m felt hard at the end.  Also managed to keep the negative thoughts mostly away.
    Last rest: 09.09.2023

Lyrics: yes for once.
  • Afternoon!

That's a very positive run, Hazel! Re building works, daughter is having her house doubled in size! The walls are up, the roof is on except the porch; now time for the insides i.e. electrics, enormous kitchen, plastering, under floor heating, plumbing the two new bathrooms etc etc. Mostly being done by friends of mine who have done two extensions for me in the past. 

Dustin, decent photo, and I knew that you would know the lyrics, which always remind me of your neck of the woods!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale - planning some siblings for Salvadore? Or just needs more space? Nice run.
    hazel, if only my HM had been progressive, not that it was likely! Second last and tbh couldn't have gone much faster although knee a bit sore in last few miles. Was a bit upset to be greeted with so didn't you finish it? as I came in the door though! Maybe time to retire! Weather had played ball, a lot cooler than recently although the forecast showers held off.
    Dustin, nice picture yesterday and dusty trails sound good. Hope there will be time for a few short trails in Cornwall.
    Gave a lift out to William Sichel our local celebrated ultrarunner. What a gentleman he is. Going to be 70 tomorrow, has not long had a hip replacement and ran 1.48 I think.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Hazel so nice to see you back, what a lot of stress indeed. 
    Els that's bonkers about your local ultra runner, amazing. Not time to retire, no way. You amaze me the miles you do
    Lyrics yes
    Dustin good running
    And you alehouse
    Quick update I've been off again
    Did park run near mum yesterday, sub 30 and it was hot, it is short but still I went under 10mm and felt really strong
    Catch up better tomorrow, so tired right now

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can