Mon 9th Oct - I got a shelf full of books

Lyrics - I got a shelf full of books and most of my teeth, a few pairs of socks and a door with a lock, I got food in my belly and a license for my telly and nothing's gonna bring me down

Struggling a bit to find more lyrics now - suppose this song is about being happy with what you've got

Wabo - 13 minutes improvement is very impressive

Emz - had to look up where ally pally was - one of those names I'd heard of but didn't know

Pammie - good luck with the run of nights

45ish minutes planned today, probably fairly easy

Comments

• Morning

Good lyrics Chamolk, don't know what they are though.  Have a good run.  I am on similar mileage, longer runs etc. to you at the moment.

House hasn't got to the contractual stage yet but should be moving in that direction.  We are moving from renting so fortunately don't have the selling side to deal with!

Cycle was lovely yesterday, OH was playing in a badminton match so I could trundle along as I wanted to.  Very warm still here.

Nice 5 milers Pammie and Wabo

16.5 degrees swimming water = shudder emzap.. 

What: 8 miles with strides
    Why: didn't run yesterday
    Last hard: Monday - not yet back into full working mode post hols
    Last rest: 08.10.23

Have a good start to the week.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were The Boxer, Simon and Garfunkel.

What: around 45 minutes easy, also

Why: M78's plan. He is on a cutback week. 

Soon be time to think of a new theme. Have we had food and drink? Can't remember what we have had!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - good going with the 13 miler the other day and hopeful you can resume a decent sleep pattern!
    Hill strides are similar to strides, just with an incline!
    Wabo - massive improvement yesterday! well done
    Pammie - good going with your 5m too!
    Hazel - good luck with the house 
    Emz - good going at junior PR, nice cross training in the garden too

What - around 10k easy
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday. Nearby village 10k (organised by the school). Mostly trail, and for much of the year it's wet, muddy and churned up. Not so at the moment: solid ground and suitable for road shoes. Almost a misnomer to call it cross country when its over 20 degrees!
    Only a small event but my club turned up en masse: in the 10k, we provided 25 of the 85 finishers including 9 of the first 10. A further handful ran the 6k with many of the club's kids in the 2k fun run. 
    Fine weather also meant that the BBQ and cake stall did brisk trade so hopefully a decent amount was raised for the school!
    I ran a solid, if unspectacular race, finishing 25th. Relatively even paced at just under 5min/ks. Despite the dry ground, its still quite technical (and with several stiles/kissing gates) so I'd guess at least 30s/mile slower than road. Good warm up for XC leagues which start in 3 weeks.
    Backed up with an afternoon of gardening, enjoying the sunshine!

lyric - nope
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Well done Dustin good to see those small races still about 

Wabo well done to you 

What 5.8 miles was run walk
    Why last chance of decent run till Thursday 
    Last Hard yesterday 
    Lyrics I like them but don't know them 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes, love love love
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chamolk hope the run was good
    Wabo - 13 minutes improvement is very impressive - yes but with my mate who's building up again it took 71, on my own 58. So not quick but I wanted to see how I'd do my own pace
    Pammie good distance! 
    Dustin sounds like you had a great Sunday
    Hazel hope the 8 miles went well
    Ale hope you enjoyed your run
    What solo 3 miles thought it would be tempo but ended up progressive, no idea how the last mile was quicker. Then 2.2 run walk with daughter, she did really well
    Why my plan
    Last hard all that, I'm tired now
    Last rest 28/12
    I'm really enjoying my running at the moment, nice but if sunshine but it's not too hot
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can