Thur 12th Oct - well my daddy left home when I was three

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Training
Lyrics - well my daddy left home when I was three, and he didn't leave much to ma and me, just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze

Yesterday's were Hey Dude by Kula Shaker

Els - 15 miles plus is definitely running seriously

Hazel - hope the mortgage stuff isn't too stressful

Ale - we've had great weather this week, though it's a little cooler since yesterday. Think it's too be pretty dry for another week or so

Dustin - nice session, hope the legs are ok today

Wabo - nice session too. Hope you got to chill last night

Pammie - hope the nights are going ok and you're getting some sleep. I've found the darker and cooler days recently have made the daytime sleeping a little easier

No running yesterday, but two brisk 5k walks - the boys were keen to cycle to school, so walked there and back in the morning, then again in the afternoon. Probably nothing today - teaching on aife support course so leaving the house shortly and won't be back until 7pm or so

Comments

• Morning

Stressful enough but things are moving in the right direction fortunately.

Enjoy your course today - hopefully plenty of interested partcipants.

Hope the chill-out evening happened Wabo.

We will be moving from summer straight to winter this weekend (well not quite that bad).  22 degrees today, 9 on Monday and a nasty NO wind on top..  (now where did I put my warmer running stuff..)

What: 8+ miles this afternoon
    Why: midweek ish miles
    Last rest: 11.10.23

Lyrics: hmmm today
  • Morning!

And a cold one: 7 degrees overnight. Bright and sunny now though...for now as heavy rain forecast again for this evening. 

Lyrics: my musical knowledge is being widened, thanks Chamolk! In other words, I have no idea. 

What: no idea

Why: not well. Been up most of the night being sick. I'm sure that I will squeeze something in later. 

Hope the teaching goes well, Chamolk; fortunately my work today was cancelled. 

Trust things continue to move in the right direction, Hazel, and there are no bumps on the road!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - teach well! Hope they behave at the back....
    Hazel - I'm sure it will be worth it. Your weather pattern sounds familiar too
    Ale - yikes, rest up and keep the run to a minimum
    I must have tempted fate after yesterday: lunchtime was mild and sunny, last night was mild but torrential rain. It's still drizzly this morning 

What - something on trail: it might be wet!
    Why - XC prep....
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Tuesday's ks
    lyric - again a no from me
  • Get better Ale! As for the lyrics even I know this one, I'm sure you do!
    Calmer day today between big winds, it was grim yesterday but spent it all at work anyhow, today OK until later then we have 48 hours of strong winds and ferry cancellations. And guess who was going to be going to see the grandkids Sat? Still hoping forecast wrong but unlikely.
    Run later of some description.
    Long day Chamolk! 
  • Els: having sung the lyrics to myself I do indeed know the song! Hope that the forecast is wrong and the ferries are not cancelled. 

Hope that the trail run is fun, Dustin! Waterproof socks?

Wonder how Chick is getting on. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No updates regarding ferries, if anything goes tomorrow may go a bit early but I doubt it, wind already getting up again. Just been for a blowy 7lm but nothing to what it's going to be allegedly! Not only going to see grandkids but youngest is visiting from Zurich at the weekend so if I dont get down until Sun night I'll miss her. Not to mention loosing my train tickets, but hey that's island life.
    indeed would be good to hear from Chick!
    Dustin enjoy the trails, they are currently pretty soggy here too. I do have some waterproof socks but they have developed holes so not so useful!
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Chamolk work went OK not much sleep Wednesday  as booked an appointment  with Eon to change my meters went on longer than expected went for a short run 1.3 miles after had a kip before my shift.
    But apart from  that OK

Today slept 5 hours  not enough but no wake ups

Dustin  hope run goes OK
    Ale get well soon 

What 2 miles 
    Why have a mini streak going  on
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics when I saw them when I saw thread after I woke up not a clue.
    After my run I thought yes sounded like one of my dad's favourite singers. Read the lyrics  again and yes
    A regular on the  music channel I watch