Tuesday 17th October 2023 Money Talks

Morning!

Lyrics: Money talks
But it don't sing and dance and it don't walk

Yesterday's were Fields of Gold, Sting. As Gordon Sumner he ran in the English Schools Athletics Champs and is still a keen runner (a running friend went to school with him in Newcastle).

What: just over 5k d&d

Why: must be feeling better
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Els, I managed to get a nanny for a couple of hours a day. Not cheap but a big help. It was a child minder who did early mornings and after school with other children,  and then was free in the day. 

Lyrics: running short of wealth themed ones! Did we ever have Food and Drink; we certainly haven't had "Work"!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Ale - glad you're feeling better 
    What - Club session, 800m reps with some 300s to finish 
    Why - That's what's on the schedule
    Last rest - 21/09
    Last hard - will be today
    lyric - I think so 
  • Afternoon

Interesting regarding Sting Ale.  Work could also be a theme.  We likely had food and drink but I can't remember.  Good things are improving.

That sounds fun Dustin - enjoy!

LFOTM sounds like a good plan Pammie - hope that works out workwise.

Hope you can also sort out the work/MRI situation Els.  The twins do sound hard work.

What: nowt today
    Why: did enough yesterday
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: back to hmmm.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    glad you're on the mend ale
    lyrics yes
    hazel have a nice day off!
    Pammie I must do that lfotm, I have been saying it since I dropped Fridays
    Dustin enjoy theclub session

what: my own session, not sure what yet, but over 3 miles distance
    why: tuesday
    last hard: last night forest run with mate, it was dark when we finished!!
    Last rest: 28/12
    Daughter getting on really well with c25k, she did an 8 min and 8.22 min run yesterday, I love running with her!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Dustin sounds a tough one tonight 
    Wabo not done one since 2014 😯
    Your daughter is doing well

Ale glad your feeling  better

What 5 miles 
    Why I'm bonkers
    Last hard today getting outside
    Lyrics think so 

• Afternoon!

Careful,  Pammie!

Jodie is doing well, Coachwabo!

I must get to another LFoM, although unlikely before next spring. 

Sounds tough this evening,  Dustin!

No group run today, Hazel?

Opticians at lunchtime: now feel exhausted,  as is my wallet from ordering new glasses!

Chick?

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Ale I will.
    Was only a run walk
    Let us know when you do a lfotm so I can book time off work 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone

Had a night away with my wife on Friday so a planned rest day on Saturday. Junior Parkrun on Sunday but then various bits and pieces prevented me from getting my long run done. The wee one then tested positive for covid, and another one felt unwell so we had two off school yesterday, meaning no running again 

Managed to get out today (expecting that I'll get covid shortly so wanted to get something done before I'm feeling sick) and it went pretty well, probably due to 3 rest days. Did 10 miles in 81 mins that included 5 miles progressive (starting 7:40 and dropping to 6:50) so I was really happy with it.

Going back a few days, the last lyrics I set were Johnny Cash with A Boy Named Sue.

Knew a few of the recent lyrics, especially The Flying Lizards, though I think the original is from the late 50s. 

Glad you're feeling better Able
    Enjoy the rest day Hazel, enjoy the intervals Dustin
    That's lovely to get running with your granddaughter Wabo
    Hope the sleep is ok Pammie

I think I asked this a year or two ago, but what's LFOTM?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    LFOTM or LFoM is the last Friday of the month 5k in London's Hyde Park. And let's hope that you stay clear of covid, Chamolk!

https://www.serpentine.org.uk/pages/lfotm5k.html

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just worked out today's lyrics - took a while