alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Tailored suits, chauffeured cars
Fine hotels and big cigars

Yesterday's were Neil Diamond with Forever in Blue Jeans 

What: short run, long stretch 

Why: Wednesday 

Future lyrics: as we are coming up to Halloween we could have something related to that, or autumn in general.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Theme sounds good to me, don't know how many songs we can get out of it though.

I will be facing a decent glasses bill too Ale thanks to pretty bad astigmatism.  Collecting my new sunglasses tomorrow 😀. 

No group run yesterday: a number of us met up for a social instead which was nice.

Your daughter is doing great on C25k Wabo. 

5 m run/walk sounds good Pammie.

Break away with your wife sounds nice Chamolk. News of covid in the house less so.  Decent 10miler yesterday

Hope you enjoyed your intervals Dustin.

What: 8m with 4 @ tempoishafter work
    Why: likely will ask myself that later too!
    Last rest: 17.10.23

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - halloween or spooky stuff in general perhaps as a theme?
    Wabo - great news about your daughters C25k journey
    Pammie - good going , how was the 5?
    Chamolk - busy busy , hope the kids don't suffer too badly with covid
    Hazel - social sounds ideal. Enjoy the tempo

What - 10k at lunchtime, village group coaching later
    Why - Recovery / routine
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - last night: 5 x800s with 400 recovery, then 3 x 400 all out 
    The 800s seemed so much easier than last week's 1k reps, but those 3 x 400s are brutal at the end. 
    lyric - hmm, possibly
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Dustin 5 mile was fine. Felt ok between night shifts. I only noticed some days ago as I log my training  on Fetch there's a pacing button which tells you how smooth/even your pacing is I got 81% which I thought  was OK 

Chamolk hope the kids will be OK and you stay safe 

What nowt
    Why taking it easy
    Last hard Saturday 
    Lyrics feel I should 

• Afternoon!

What: just over half an hour, including over seven minutes for the first k yet running under 29 minutes for the first 5, which I rarely do in training. Obviously the legs have been resting up for most of the past week. 

Why: was supposed to be an easy run, and it largely was. 

Just back from my friends at Ronhill Sports, picking up £2500 worth of prizes for the Uni Relays on 28th. And smart new £170 jackets for both myself and a couple of other organisers! And a couple of t-shirts. 
    Which 3k leg does anyone want?

Re lyrics, anything spooky is fine for a week or two!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.