Thursday 19th October 2023 Hey, did you happen to see

Morning!

Lyrics: Hey, did you happen to see
And if you did, was she crying, crying?

The "wealth" is in the performer's name!

Yesterday: Money Talks, AC/DC

What: Something short

Why: working
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Have a good day at work Ale.  Nice bit of progression in your 5k yesterday.  Good haul of prizes for the Uni relays (for yourself also!).  Sign me up for a virtual leg?

I was wondering how the pace thingy worked on Fetch Pammie. Thanks for that info.

What: not much more than a bit of walking probably
    Why: work + collect sunglasses (appropriately it is raining today) and other bits and bobs in town this afternoon
    Last hard: those 4 miles of tempo were but a good hard - I was expecting no better than 7:40s but managed sub 7:30s.  
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no idea today
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

The wee one is out of isolation and back to school this morning, the middle one tested positive and is currently off but is well - you wouldn't know he was sick at all.

Did just over 5 miles easy yesterday - ran the eldest one's bike up to school then ran home with him cycling beside - got it done before the storm, though we had a lot less rain than predicted.

Feeling a bit blurgh today but testing negative. I'll decide later if I'm doing a few easy miles or doing nothing.

Always nice when you're able to go a little faster than hoped Hazel

Hope work goes ok Ale and you get something done.

Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sounds a decent amount of swag collected yesterday!
    Hazel - solid session yesterday
    Chamolk - pleased to hear the munchkins are feeling better

What - just over 8 miles over the fields. Rain was torrential, routes were slippy, wet and muddy in places, and there was barely a soul around. Loved it. Kids coaching shortly. 
    Why - XC prep ?!
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was a solid enough run
    lyric - I believe I do
  • Evening!

Rain torrential here, also, but only just. Has been a surprisingly nice day! Managed to get my short run in (25 minutes) before the heavens opened. 

I have you down for leg 3 of the virtual relay, Hazel: an accurate 3k of parkland, so suitable for spikes or trail shoes. Can change to another leg if you wish! 

Just been talking on the phone to my 100 year old neighbour, Chamolk: she has just gone down with Covid as well, and hope it is as mild as your boys are getting. She just seems slightly under the weather. Could have caught it from any of the dozen or so visitors/carers that she has every week, despite her being fully jabbed.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.