Friday 20th October 2023 Travelled down a road and back again

Morning!

Lyrics: Travelled down a road and back again
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant

Lines two and three with the wealth in the singer's name, again!

Yesterday's were The most beautiful Girl in the World, Charlie RICH. 

I think today is the end of my wealth related numbers!

What: something short

Why: work, weather etc

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics are familiar
    Morning
    Lost a very dear running pal yesterday, so so sad. She leaves behind 3 young boys and married her true love last week. I'll run for her today. 😢
    I'll have a quick read back. 
    Weather not making me want to run though 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Pammie I will look at that pace thingy now, interesting
    Daughter had a difficult run yesterday and isn't feeling it today. She's very tired and achy so I won't push it. I want her to feel positive .
    Chamolk hope all are well soon. 
  • Morning

Bit stormy in the UK at the moment I believe.  Hope Els and OH travel ok if they need to!

I don't have any spikes for the virtual relay Ale - need a trail shoe route.  Although I could put on the yaktrax and put in a slow time though!  All the best for your elderly neighbour.

Sorry to hear that Wabo.  Good attitude regarding your daughter.  

Fingers crossed you do manage to avoid the lurgy Chamolk.  

Nice mucky run yesterday Dustin.  

What: 5 mile recovery later
    Why: prep for tomorrow's longer one
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - oh I'm sorry to hear that, tragic for the boys. Sensible call re your daughter
    Ale - hope you find a window to get a reasonable (dry) run in...Hope your elderly neighbour shrugs this round of covid off
    Hazel - Enjoy the easier run today. Rain has finally abated (in London at least) although the sky was black earlier...

What - 5 miles on the Isle of Dogs with 6x 100s 
    Why - all I could muster
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - All a bit of a struggle at the moment , seem to be training but not getting much better !
    lyric - possibly , I was wrong yesterday.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry to hear that Wabo, hope you had a nice run today in her memory.

Are you under-recovering Dustin, or do you think you have maybe caught a bit of a cold or something?

How long are you going tomorrow Hazel?

Hope you got out for something Ale and your neighbour is ok.

Did an hour earlier, though had to change route a few times due to flooding, and it was pretty windy. First time for a while that I felt really good running, and finished feeling better than before I started. 

3rd boy has a bit of a temperature, but is otherwise ok and testing negative, as are my wife and I.

Hopefully a long run tomorrow, ideally about two hours.

Lyrics - no idea, happy with the new topic
  • Evening!

Sorry to hear that news, Wabo

Struggled to find somewhere to run due to flooding. The river is as high as I have ever seen it; the previous prime minister visited and vowed that this would never happen again...

What: 3k 

Why: thwarted by floods and didn't want to run along busy roads. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did a 4 mile run in her memory. We once ran a 10 Miler together, I'll go do that next year for her. 
    Then heard of another running club acquaintance, age 60. I don't know what happened only that she's passed away. 
    Thanks for comments re daughter I agree. She's doing so well so I will nurture this. 
    Park run in the morning where my friends Louise used to run. It will be sad cos everyone knows her. 
    Night all. 
    Hope nobody is affected too bad by this storm, ale I thought of you straight away. 
  • I know its Saturday but hey ho!
    Wabo, so sorry to hear about your running friends, they will be much missed by family and friends.
    Ale sorry you're flooded, but you didn't believe Boris did you?
    Chamolk, hope you escape COVID.
    Hazel, be glad you're not in UK this weekend!
    Busy week trying to help with twins and Ellie but unfortunately can't help with the 8 feeds a night and no sleep situation! So tough though they're great wee boys and trying to sit and crawl. 
    Weather was good at start of week but 2 days of heavy wind and rain and bits of trees lying all over. Now on train to Inverness which may be as far as I get today, the onward rail replacement bus which was in place for maintenance prior to storm has been cancelled... why as road north seems to be ok and ferries today also off. So a case of seeing if there is another bus when I get to Inverness and look for accommodation in either Inverness or thurso. No info on tomorrow's situation and I need to be back fo clinic on morn if at all possible.
  • After which have to plan next trip for MRI scan on 3rd in Aberdeen...hate winter travel!!