Sun 22nd Oct - I was working in the lab late one night

Lyrics - I was working in the lab, late one night, when my eyes beheld and eerie sight

Didn't get out yesterday. Feeling a bit sluggish so far this morning so I'll need to swab myself - the two infected boys are now out of isolation. Working tonight so I'll need to try and find the energy to run then go to work later. I'll check in again later today

Comments

• Morning!

Hope you feel well enough for a decent run, Chamolk!

Lyrics: Yes (was going to use them!)

Yesterday's were R. Dean Taylor with There's a Ghost in my House

What: 3.8k run d&d whilst helping at a 5k this morning; something later when taking students around the uni cross country relay course. 

Why: helping

Dry and hazy sunshine. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon - already?

Hope you make it out Chamolk.

Well done for helping out Ale, sounds like good conditions for it.

My marathon is on New Year's Day in Zürich. It actually starts at 00:00:00 which will be interesting.  Will have to think about some night runs. I have done races in the past starting at 10 pm and 4am. https://www.neujahrsmarathon.ch/en/home/

Good you still find some runs fun at least Dustin. If all of them are a struggle then time for a break.

What: short walk so far, gentle* cycle later
    Why: rest day today, but active rest
    Last hard: yesterday's 15m wasn't easy, but I made it too hard with a lack of pace discipline. 
    Last rest: 22.10.23

Lyrics: no

* as far as possible with the hill here. Maybe some stops to enjoy the view?
  • Afternoon!

And a very pleasant one, here at least. 

Hope that you enjoy the views, Hazel!

What: a further 7k or so

Why: showing students the relay course, and then have them run it without guidance. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon!, Lyrics no.
    Ale, nice running!
    Hazel, don't do a lot of night running these days but sounds like fun, I think!
    Chamolk, hope you avoid the bug.
    Interesting day yesterday, got to Inverness no problem, Scotrail all cancelled but bus service was running, would depend if they had room for me. Also there were some diversions due to flooding. After a wet half hour at the bus stop got a seat and off we went. I've been on that road many times in our 35 years here, never seen flooding there but it was really bad all the way up and probably the bus should have been cancelled. However we made it through to 5-6 miles short of destination just after dark and then the bus conked out. Driver who had had a terrible journey phoned for help which was initially refused, then they were going to send a replacement bus out, then that decision was overturned, eventually after about an hour in a small road in darkness and torrential rain and heavy winds a mechanic arrived, bus started and limped to outskirts of Thurso where it died again. At this point I got out and walked to where I was staying, probably a mile and a half, really cold, windy and wet but I was happy to arrive about 8.15 pm. 
    This morning the sun was shining, the ferry sailed and all was well! Good to be home ( for 10 days until off again for MRI scan and run ( which will be dire due to lack of training).
    Hope all are fine. Has anyone heard from Chick?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - well that sounded like an epic journey! Glad you made it in the end.
    Ale - great support and decent running too
    hazel - oh marathon sounds interesting 
    chamolk - hope you managed to get out

what - 10 miles of trails 
    why - lsr
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes and I should have got yesterdays …