Wed 25th Oct 23 - If there's something strange in your neighbourhood

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Training
Lyrics - if there's something strange in your neighbourhood, who you gonna call?

Yesterday's lyrics were Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Show. Saw it again at the theatre just a few months ago

In work, 2 hours until home time, but off the next few nights so hoping to get out for another run today

Comments

• Morning

Should have known yesterday's lyrics - doh..

Good you have a break from the night shifts now Chamolk. Fingers crossed for today's run.  Decent tempo yesterday.

Great long run yesterday Els.  Squeezing it in before work too.  Do you have a race coming up?  Sorry if mentioned and I have forgotten.

Glad the niggle wasn't one Dustin.  

Hopefully no more flooding Ale?

Interesting regarding the hill sprints.  I guess I am doing it right then.  I have never tried a hard gradient (and won't) - my assumption is I should be doing some sort of a sprinting motion and not a shuffle.  I have a selection of bumps in the landscape I can use and pick the distance so that at the end of each sprint my legs are saying "that's enough" but can do the full planned set.  If I was to do a hill session like Dustin's yesterday (12x300) then I would pick a harder slope.  Don't think I could do 12 reps at the moment though!

Got company yesterday evening.  We have agreed to move the Tuesday run forward to 4pm for the winter as everyone generally can run then.  Hopefully that will help the group to keep going.  December and January will be dark nonetheless but the earlier time should help a bit.

What: midweek MLR (11-12 miles)
    Why: taking advantage of a planned power cut this afternoon and I need to put in the miles anyway
    Last rest: 22.10.23

Lyrics: another no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Yes, get the running in whilst you can,  Chamolk!

Will be excellent if you can keep the group going over the winter,  Hazel.

And hopefully no more flooding,  although the forecast does not make for good reading from this evening until next week. 

What: will see what the legs decide, plus long stretch later

Why: Wednesday 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Interesting comments on hills. For all out faster efforts I'd concur with Ale, you want something you can work up, rather than something you'd struggle to maintain form on.
    Just a bit of detail for our 300s yesterday, its a 600m (road) loop, the "effort" bit start with about 200m of flat road into a small incline with the last 100m on a steeper climb. So you have a long run up and hopefully the ability to hold form on the last kick. (if done properly!) so its not 300m of hills, more like 100-120m but with a faster run up. 
    Recovery is then 300m loop back round (gentle downhill, steeper downhill)

Chamolk - pleased you get some nights off (and some running in!)
    Hazel - ohh, enjoy the longer outing and good news about the group runs!
    Ale - I hope the legs speak sensible today!

What - Recovery lunchtime / Village coaching tonight
    Why - legs mangled / routine
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes indeed
  • Morning!

Legs did indeed play ball today,  Dustin!

What: 55 minutes largely off road, and including making a bit of a 5k effort in the middle 

Why: running to feel,  plus needed to get my MLR for the week done 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    re the hills, I did 10 efforts and they lasted approx 35 secs and about 65v metres, not a killer hill but it was enough for me
    ale glad legs played ball
    dustin enjoy both the runs
    enjoy the mlr hazel and glad the move is progressing
    chamolk hope you get out
    lyrics yes
    what: 1.5 easy this morning
    why: all I have time for today
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I think that that hill session is spot on, Wabo. 60-80 metres (or a little more if running into it), lasting 25-40 seconds. Walk/jog recovery of 60 seconds. 
    Having said that, when much younger and fitter, it was 30 seconds, strictly, covering about 170-180  metres. But no more than 8, and off 90 seconds. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Mine were 35 ish seconds with 50ish recovery
    10 of them. Think it felt just right for me, you're right
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can