Friday 27th October 2023 You look like an angel (look like an angel)

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: You look like an angel (look like an angel)
Walk like an angel (walk like an angel)

Yesterday's were Flying Purple People Eater, Sheb Woolley

What: not sure

Why: setting up course for tomorrow's xc relays so will run before, during and after that. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Hope you get decent conditions for tomorrow Ale - you know, bit of mud...

Hope you have caught up with the sleep in the meantime Wabo.

What have you been knitting Els?  More things for the twins?  Did you manage to get out yesterday?

How's the mojo doing in the meantime Dustin?

Emz?  Chicksta?

The demise of my Mtb isn't too tragic - just a bit frustrating it isn't really fixable.  I got it second hand and not too expensive.  Don't do too much on it anyway I am not a trail or downhill freak, just like to gently trundle around the local woods every now and then.  Might like for a new one next spring, though I might actually pick up an end of season bargain now.  Just don't have the time to look and funds are reserved for the house project at the moment.

What: 5k recovery at lunch
    Why: long run tomorrow and off to get my new glasses this afternoon - will be good to see properly again - I hope!
    Last rest: 26.10.2023

Lyrics: pretty sure I should know these... What on earth is a Flying Purple People Eater...

• Hazel, only the short run to yoga and back but just about to head out this morning before weather gets worse again! Knitting a cardi for Ellie just now then need to do something for the twins though they haven't grown into the other stuff I made them yet.
    Then meeting some running friends for coffee this afternoon which will be nice as been mainly going solo recently due to folk\me being away at different times. One already cried off sick though!
    I'm sure there's lots of mud around Ale, a lot of running on the agenda for you!
    hazel, I'm entered for Glen Ogle ultra a week Sat but haven't really got the miles in, all these trips away are bad for training so will be a struggle with a lot of walks. Assuming we get away, disruptions forcast next week again, plus having my MRI scan next Friday, which I always find tiring for no good reason!
    Right better get moving, Hi to everyone else.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - hope the MRI next week goes well
    Ale - enjoy the relays
    Hazel - oooh new glasses ! Enjoy the longer go tomorrow. Mojo still there , guess I have been feeling a bit deflated of late…

what - 4 miles with 6x100 efforts
    why - race prep
    last rest -  21/09
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    I did know yesterday's, and do know today's lyrics
    Dustin nice session
    Busy bee els!!
    Hazel you describe exactly the type of cycling I want to do next year, I'm don't with the roads tbh. Had a lay in this morning so yep feeling better
    What 3 easy miles
    Why planned
    Last hard that 
    Last rest 28 12 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Ended up a bit busy with bits and pieces and didn't get to run for the last two days. Got out for an hour today - was going to do a few strides at the end but could still feel a very slight niggle in my hamstring occasionally so opted for a mile at tempo at the end instead 

Going to do my LRiF course tomorrow morning so I can start helping to coach at my club and hadn't realised there was quite as much online prep as there is, so I'd better get back to it.

Lyrics yes. Lyrics a few days ago were Ghostbusters btw. My youngest loves yesterday's song so we know it well,
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm going to enter the lfotm for November, I would have gone today but was shattered! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can