Saturday 28th October 2023 It's close to midnight and something evil's lurkin' in the dark

Morning!

Lyrics: It's close to midnight and something evil's lurkin' in the dark

Yesterday's: 
You’re the Devil in Disguise by Elvis Presley and The Jordanaires

What:  something at relays 

Why: see what time I have plus have backache from putting out the course yesterday. Hopefully it will loosen. We used almost two kilometres of tape! 

Was going to suggest The Flying Purple People Eater for your boys, Chamolk!

Enjoy your day!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Hope the relays go well Ale, that will be quite a bit of tape to collect again. Hope the back eases soon.

The kids knitting will get larger over time I guess Els! Must have a look at your ultra. Lots going on again for you.

Good luck with the XC double Dustin.

I prefer road cycling generally Wabo, or solid tracks. Not sporty style though, just trundling. 

New glasses are great, did feel mildly seasick though in the first couple of hours, first pair of varifocals so need to get used to them.

What: 16m with 10 quicker
    Why: mara prep, need to earn today's cake.
    Last rest: 26.10.23

Lyrics: another hmmm.
  • Ouch Ale! Lyrics no. Hope it's decent weather for your race.
    So far looks fine here but cold, forecast heavy rain, again.
    Group run in Stromness shortly. Got a few blustery miles in yesterday before a nice coffee out.
  • Evening!

I have varifocals, Hazel, and they do take a bit of getting used to...but not as much as my contact lenses where I have one for near sight and the other for distance! Sounds daft but works really well! And 16 with 10 quicker is great!

Hope the group run went well, Els!

Back eased after a short while this morning and haven't noticed it since. The tape and 200 stakes were easily collected by 20 students collecting 10 stakes and the nearby tape. 

Relays went really well and we were blessed with some fair weather. Just about to email the sponsors and thank them for the prizes and sending two representatives to give them out and take photos. Managed to run two laps beforehand to measure and re-measure the course. Exactly 3k.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good work and run Ale!
    Good long one Hazel!
    Run went OK but an initially pleasant but cold day turned wet and windy and I'm way slower than the rest of the gang. Still used the opportunity to buy more wool, more choice in Stromness shop and the tea and buns were nice!
  • Still sounds a decent day, Els!

And everybody will know today's song!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening. Just dropping in quickly before going to bed ahead of work.

At my leadership in running fitness course this morning and ended up doing so many exercises and drills that I wasn't fit to do my long run today and only managed 30mins in the pouring rain.

Will try and get out tomorrow, but have 4 nights in a row so I'll just see how I feel

Lyrics yes
  • Hope you have a peaceful night, Chamolk,  and can run tomorrow! Always a dilemma on nights: should the run be after work or before the next shift?
    And glad someone knows the song!
  • Evening..

Sounds like the XC went great Ale. I'm glad to hear your back is better. The contacts do sound wierd but if it works. Can't use them myself unfortunately or rather would be too expensive.

Hope your group didn't leave you to run on your own too much Els. Tea and buns post run - good refuelling! There is a wool shop in the next village here but I'm afraid I never have looked in. With the new glasses I might do a bit of handiwork again bit I am a slow knitter

The course must be interesting Chamolk. Shame you didn't get in your long run afterwards. 

Last hard to add: the 16 got done and weren't exactly easy but even harder to understand..Why has one of my neighbours turned on his Christmas lights on the balcony? It isn't even November yet!

Don't forget to put the clocks back!

Right, should have a look at the rugby..
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - solid day of running and supporting, nice one!
    Hazel - well done solid session today. Enjoy the new goggles
    Els - nicely done on the group outing
    Chamolk - well done on doing the LiRF, I think a lot of it is common sense. Enjoy the future coaching!

What - Round 1 of the XC league. 
    Why - 'tis the season...
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was!
    I'm also team manager so was there for 10.30 for the junior races. Sadly we had a 15 minute delayed start: a traffic accident on an adjacent road necessitated a road closure and an air ambulance on our start field. 
    Decent turn out from the juniors including a win and some top 10 places. Senior Men's race was over just short of 10k mostly grass and woodland track. Ran fairly solidly , didn't really lose pace on the final lap which is usually the aim with these! 6.1miles / 49 minutes
    lyric - of course