AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Wednesday 22nd November 2023 Who can take a sunrise (who can take a sunrise)

Morning!

Lyrics: Who can take a sunrise (who can take a sunrise)
Sprinkle it with dew (sprinkle it with dew)
Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two?

A job that I suspect a lot of people might enjoy!

What: see what the legs feel like plus long stretch

Why: Wednesday

Wabo: I always park the car on the way back from work and run, otherwise I'm tempted not to go out again, particularly if the weather is grim. Good job you ran in the morning!

Wonder how Chamolk is doing?
Chick?
Emz?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

The Wales story reached us here in Switzerland.  Sad indeed.

Ugggh to the dentistry work Ale.

Maybe you will have a chance to meet-up then Wabo and Pammie!

Fingers crossed regarding the weather and travel Els. 

Take care on the ladders OH!  I could do with your skills as of next weekend - just walls to be painted but they are high ones.

Looks like the session went well yesterday Dustin.

What: 12 miles MLR will keep it easy as I could still feel Sunday's run in my legs yesterday and have a tempo nasty on Friday
    Why: mid-week miles, peak mileage week
    Last rest: 20.11.2023

Lyrics: no, yesterday's were Who can it be now by Men At Work
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, good shout about the car, I might do that later but did do 2.5 this morning.
    lyrics yes
    Hazel hope so! Pammie  pulled me round in a time that pleased me the last time we met. Enjoy the MLR
    What: 2.5, I will park and do 1 more later
    why: good advice
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 28/12
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Enjoy the extra mile or so later, Wabo! Good that you got out before work!

Hope the legs find the MLR not too much of a strain, Hazel!

What: just under half an hour

Why: easy day running-wise
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did get the second run in but mainly because I had to pick Cleo up from dancing and I arrived early and in my running gear
    Happy days
  • Options
    Evening!

Well done on the second run, Wabo... although I would done another 0.04 of a mile!

An hour's stretching d&d. Should do more during the rest of the week.