AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thursday 23rd November 2023 Now if there's a smile on my face

Morning!

Lyrics: Now if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public

Another job! Yesterday: The Candyman, Sammy Davis Jnr amongst others.

What: around 40 minutes

Why: gradually working towards 2023 in 2023. Kilometres, that is. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - Making good progress on that target!
    Wabo - nice double...

What - Steady hour + kids coaching
    Why - progress / routine
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Tuesday's 400s
    lyric - Yes!

• Options
    Morning

Good progess on the goal chasing Ale and Wabo.

Two month streak already Dustin.. Is it deliberate or just happening?

What: running rest day - will go out for a walk 
    Why: view that yellow thing in the sky which was a pretty rare object recently, loosen up the legs a bit
    Last hard: yesterday's MLR wasn't too easy but I am getting used to running on tired legs at the moment.  
    Last rest: 23.11.2023

Lyrics: hmm vaguely familiar
  • Options
    Morning again!

No yellow thing here, Hazel! Very windy and was in both directions on my run, of course!

Enjoy the hour plus coaxing, Dustin!

What: change of plan. Originally planned to run out for 21 minutes and come back in around 19, but decided to push on, in more than one sense and made today's run into this week's MLR, with kilometres 2 to 6 a little quicker, and largely into the wind. Mainly off road but flat. 55 minutes. 

Why: opportunity knocked. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    4 miles d &d today
    I now have 151 to get to the end of the year 
    Nice going ale
    Lyrics yes
    Hazel enjoy the rest and good that you're getting used to the tired legs, think mine are at the moment
    Enjoy the Thursday double Dustin
    What, short run solo, then c25k 2 miles with Jodie, filtered by my own 2 miles
    Why chasing numbers and squares
    Last hard this morning
    Last rest 28 12 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Evening! 

Going well, Wabo. Hopefully you and Pammie enjoy Hyde Park!

Any travel news, Els? 
  • Options

Cross country a week on Saturday already cancelled. Can't imagine why.