AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Sunday 26th November 2023 Isn't it rich? Are we a pair?

Morning!

Lyrics: Isn't it rich? Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground, You in mid-air,

Yesterday's were Stuck in the Middle with you, Stealers Wheel

What: around half an hour plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning ale
    Lyrics yes, nice song
    What 3.5 miles all alone in forest
    Enjoy alehouse! 
    Why mate has moved 😭
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12
    Park run yesterday, was very slow but nice.
    Today a bunch of walkers parted the way for me where they were meeting up, I said that was like magic! Then the leader, who just happened to be Jeff brazier, some might know him. He said we're all here for you to tell you go on you can do it!! Was really funny and quite special. I only watched one dance on celebrity last night and it was his son. Made my day
    Hope spurs can too.   
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dancing on strictly I mean
  • Options
    Afternoon!

A decent few days then, Wabo! And enjoy Spurs. No idea who Jeff B is! Or his son!

What: decent stretch then 44 minute run

Why: needed, plus bring up 50k for the week
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Evening

Wabo fab. I had to Google him. Of course I remember now. Not been watching Strictly. 
    Times flown by can't believe  his son is a fully grown adult

What: 3 miles bang on the nail (run walk)
    Why getting out and doing it
    Last hard: Friday 
    Lyrics  yes

Decent sleep Got myself out did a default run walk which I do if recovering  from a night shift. Once out it was lovely 

• Options
    Evening

Good to see the miles / kilometres being ticked off Ale.

Good idea not to push things at parkrun after LFOTM Wabo. I guess that is the great thing about it, you can do each week as you feel like. 

Decent sleep sounds nice Pammie.  

I found the LFOTM piccie on Fetch, nice to see you both.

Jeff errm who? Don't watch Strictly I'm afraid (do get BBC here though,)

Enjoy the family time Els.

What: 20m long run
    Why: if I want to run that mara..
    Last hard: that was, had a wobble at around 15 and made myself briefly stop and finally eat the oat bar I was carrying in my hand and couldn't be bothered to chew on the move
    Last rest: 23.11.23

Lyrics: another no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - well done, always good to tick the 20 box!
    Pammie - good going 
    Ale - I love the way you're ticking these miles off!
    Wabo - I bet the forest was crisp today?

Me? been awol much of the weekend.
    Out with old work pals on Friday night on the South Bank. 
    Saturday managed 11 miles on road & trail, very crisp and very sunny. Wore road shoes, most of the trails were still frozen!
    Then off to London, bit of Harrods, fine dining in the Royal Albert Hall then a bit of Jools Holland.
    Stayed up just around the corner, so a quick night cap before bed. 
    Today was 10k around Hyde Park, I forget how massive that place is. Then meet daughter number 1 on the King's Road for lunch before making it home...

Back to work for a rest!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Forest was crisp Dustin. Second person I know who saw jools. We went there to see him a few years ago. You've had a busy weekend!
    Football did not please me, but coming back to oh's car to find out mates blue badge stolen via a smashed window was so much worse. He has ehrles danlos, heart failure so cannot walk far. 
    Utter scumbags