AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Monday 27th November 2023 My mother was a tailor

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man

Yesterday's were Judy Collins with Send in the Clowns

What: an hour or so

Why: run with M78

Going to get very wet.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning, doesn't sound nice Ale.

Nice weekend running and otherwise Dustin. 

What: rest day, will do a walk likely
    Why: need one after the last days
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning again!

Did I say decent run yesterday, Hazel? If not I'm saying it now!

Good weekend, Dustin!

Sorry to hear about the car being broken into, Wabo. Not a good afternoon! Thought Spurs deserved at least a point. 

What: 76+ minutes with M78. Slightly shorter than last week in terms of distance, yet longer in time

Why: foul weather! Lots of negotiating puddles including holding onto the railings next to the river; no wonder the road is called Ford Lane. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Dustin  sounds like a good weekend 

Wabo sorry about the car some people eh scumbags yes 

Hazel rest day good

What 2.12 miles
    Why establishing a routine. 
    Last hard.  Today a bit as wS non stop
    Lyrics no 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya 
    Wabo - absolute scumbags , sorry to hear that. Let’s hope karma comes to get them.
    Ale - decent mileage towards the year end tally!
    Hazel - enjoy the rest day
    Pammie - routines are good! 

What - 10K up to Greenwich from the Canary. 
    Why - change of scene
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Saturdays longer run perhaps.
    although the freezing rain today was no fun!
    lyric - I think so