AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Tuesday 28th November 2023 She packed my bags last night, pre-flight

Morning!

Lyrics: She packed my bags last night, pre-flight

Yesterday's were The Animals with House of the Rising Sun

What: 30-40 minutes, perhaps

Why: a run to feel day

Bright, crisp, cold.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Cold, wet and gloomy here - at least no snow appeared (yet).  Maybe less puddles and wading today then Ale.

Missed that with the car break-in Wabo - that's awful.

What: 10k recovery, possibly in company
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 27.11.2023
    Last relieved: I thought I had lost my driving licence and nearly went to apply for a new one yesterday.  I postponed it though and did some clearing out prior to moving mid-Jan.  Guess what I found in a running waist pack I don't use that often?
    Last hard: Sunday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning again!

What: 7.53km d&d in chilly but bright conditions. Ran part of yesterday's route and today you wouldn't believe that there were ever any streams on puddles!

Why: nudge a few more kms off the target. Could have done with some company today, Hazel: hope that you have some. It was a bit of a slog in parts today. 

And well done on finding the driving licence; I have had to apply for a new one. Due to age!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - Phew! Enjoy today's outing
    Ale - well done , looks fresh out there still. 

What - club session tonight: pyramid 400/800/1200/1200/800/400 
    why - schedule
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - will be ^^
    lyric - not so sure today
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone knows these lyrics, and lots wanted to do this job when younger! I didn't because I'm not good with heights!

Sounds like a tough session, Dustin!
  • Options
    Evening

Should have got yesterday's lyrics

Nowt today did a 2½miles  walk to and from library to return  some books 

Lyrics  today no