AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thursday 30th November 2023 Blue-jean baby, L.A. lady,

Morning!

Lyrics: Blue-jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band

If lots of little boys wanted to be a rocket man, lots of little girls dream of this job!

Yesterday's were Space Oddity, David Bowie

What: around half an hour

Why: will see how the legs feel 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Local 10.xk 3-looper on Sunday Ale.  I have run it a couple of times in the past.  3 x up the hill, down the hill and around the track.  Could be interesting conditions with snow (hopefully not!) and certainly quite cold.  I would need to practice with flat British beer these days, not used to it anymore.

We had the day off yesterday, Dustin so it was ok to do the speedwork timewise.  I left OH up a ladder putting up temporary lighting - he didn't fall off or electrocute himself.

What: 12m MLR - plod around local loops
    Why: mid week miles without overdoing it
    Next hard: that might be depending on what the snow/rain does.  Currently the former falling quite heavily but it is supposed to turn to rain later (slush - uggh)
    Last rest: 27.11.2023

Lyrics: nope today.  So what did you guys want to be when you were little?  I wanted to be a showjumper I think..
  • Options
    Afternoon!

I really can't remember what I wanted to be when I was little, Hazel! A long time ago!
    And keep a lid on today's plod! Yuk to the weather!

What: 5k, keeping a lid on it

Why: legs wouldn't respond so I didn't force them. Didn't go out until late morning as waited for it to warm up: now around freezing despite the sun, but not helped by an icy wind. 

November's figures: 202.85k run (126 miles), the highest of the year. One parkrun. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Good to see the mileage total Ale - think you are still on target for the 2023k in 2023.

Just did an x-training session - around 10 inches of wet snow from A to B.  Haven't done my parking space yet as the snow plough shovelled snow onto it on passing through and only a shovel's width for the bit of private road that passes us (used by joe public on foot also).

Now for some more work to recover
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - sensible option today but still on track for 2023
    Hazel - enjoy the MLR
    I guess like a lot of boys I wanted to be a footballer when I was little, then a zoo keeper and thought about teaching when doing 'o' & 'a' levels. Left school still with no idea, my dad gave me the handbook of London financial institutions, wrote to around 100 of which 5 resulted in job offers. Took the one offering the most money (obviously) and half a dozen job moves and 38+ years later, I'm still here....
    Still want to be a zookeeper mind..  

What - 10x300m continuous hills
    Why - Been asking myself the same question
    last rest - 21/09 
    last hard - ^^ that was
    Lyric - I think so
  • Options
    Evening

No idea what I wanted to be. Still don't

I think originally was a secretary then a writer of sorts. Late teens something in the sports industry

What 2 miles
    Why routine
    Last hard Friday 
    Lyrics  no