AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Friday 1st December 2023

Morning!

Lyrics: In this life, one thing counts, in the bank, large amounts
I'm afraid these don't grow on trees

I doubt many people would recommend this job!

Yesterday's were Tiny Dancer, Elton John

What: 30 minutes or so

Why: easy day, probably 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Interesting tales regarding "what did I want to become" yesterday thanks!

Mileage for November 197.  No races.  If I had gone out yesterday I would have got my first 200 in in many months.  Never mind.  2072 for the year so far - original target was 2300 which I will miss by a bit. September's very low mileage caused that.

What: yesterday's MLR
    Why: chickened out of it - pouring with rain and thick slush.  It is still pouring but my village loop is at least clear of the cold stuff
    Ongoing hard: winter! 
    Last rest: 30.11.2023

Lyrics: another no
  • Options
    Afternoon!

What: 7.15k d&d

Why: I need 5.75 k a day for my target, so a km or so in credit.
    Was a bit of a struggle, especially an ice rutted section on the river bank. And cold. Zero. 

I don't blame you for your change of MLR, Hazel!

Was thinking of parkrun tomorrow but I have changed my mind. Several local ones already off.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Afternoon! Been a bit AWOL in grandkid land. Been busy as usual with 3 lively ones. Jack is now crawling and Sean trying to get the knack!
    Good mileages folks!
    I ran sun and Tues but then came down with a bit of a bug plus snow in the borders so it all went to pot.
    Hazel, gla to hear your house move is progressing! 
    On train home and have just left the snow behind. Believe it was minus 7 last night, certainly chilly at bus stop and station.
    Hope travel smoother than last time.
  • Options
    Few bonus k could be good thing Ale, take care on the ice.

Good luck with travel Els. It will be hard to keep up with twins soon then.

I did my MLR today in heavy snowfall, ground was only a bit soggy at the beginning and then improved. Needed to be careful on a couple of corners though.

I looked like a yeti by the end.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Miles for November 118 my highest all year! 
    Hazel well done for toughing it ! I'm sure you didn't look like a yeti. Great mileage for the year! 
    Els what a lovely post, grandkids are lovely aren't they!! 
    Ale well done, need to check what I need! Had a couple of short days this week, did a bit more today
    What 4.5 miles I think
    Why chasing 1000
    Last hard this morning so cold!!
    Last rest 28/12
    21 days to my year streak
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    879 miles so far this year
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    So just over 4 miles a day, Wabo! And I'm sure you will know the lyrics. Watching the Lionesses as I type!