AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Saturday 2nd December 2023 - Now here's a little story

Morning!

Apologies if these have been used.

Now here's a little story
To tell it is a must

Job in the title

What: first of all xtraining - white stuff from a to b, latter a couple of miles with strides if possible
Why: winter and race ?? tomorrow
Last hard: winter
Last rest: 30.11

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Yesterday's were Gotta pick a pocket or two, from the musical Oliver.

What: probably 30-40 slow minutes

Why: see what legs say

Hope you are able to get out, Hazel!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great job in  the thread yesterday 😄
    What did the legs say ale?
    Hazel hope you get out
    What a very cold park run, best time on that course this year, 32. Then just under a mile to cool down and get miles in
    Why all sorts of reasons
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12
    Geeky thing I did, I worked out my position on park run by wava
    14th out of 107. That's not bad is it?? 
    Probably older than most is why
    Off to see mummy with Cleo biggest grandchild

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon! 

Well done, Wabo! WAVA is indeed the way to go. Hope you and Cleo have a good time with mummy!

What: 37 minutes

Why: another 6k banked. Was still below freezing at noon when I finished. Legs initially unwilling but they were persuaded in the end.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Evening!
    Brought the cold home with me, icy but only a light dusting of snow.
    Lyrics no.
    So after 15hr on the move yesterday but not doing anything was a bit slow to get moving this morning. But wanted to take part in Sarah's last gogo olive marathon, so arrived quite a few miles in at the ice covered track. Loads of folks coming and going and a great if cold atmosphere. Did just over 10miles though walked for a little when Rachael called me for first time in ages, busy with life in Zurich I think! Fantastic achievement and over £5000 raised. Some of us going out for a meal tonight, not that I have taken part in many of her events, I guess 4 in all.
    Otherwise a meet up with some of the other runners for coffee and some shopping this afternoon. 
    Nice going folks.
  • Options
    Some taken by Peter this morning...top one is Sarah at finish line, note she's the only one in shorts this morning!
  • Options
    And some of the important people I was visiting!
  • Options
    Yep, did make it out but without the strides - not important. Pretty slippy on the road and churned up forest road is starting to freeze so care needed.

Wabo you are running well at the moment as your wava scores show!  Enjoy the family time.

10 miles on the track Els?! Great fund raising going on and have a nice evening out.  The twins will need some woolly hats.

Good thing you got the legs to cooperate Ale.
  • Options
    Yes bald babies run in the family they have wooly hats for outdoors!