AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Sunday 3rd December 2023 Now I'm a xxxxx man

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Now I'm a xxxxx man
Amazed at what I am
I say what I think, that the company stinks
Yes I'm a xxxxx man

What: short run, long stretch, probably

Why: Sunday routine

Go well, Hazel!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Thanks Ale, could be interesting. Around -5 currently and likely very icy on a hilly and twisty course. Aim is to get round without falling over.

Enjoy your run today!

Have a nice Sunday all! 

What: 10.5k race
    Why: pin on a number again
    Last hard: winter
    Last rest: 30.11.23

Lyrics: no. Yesterday's were My old man's a dustman by Lonnie Donegan
  • Options
    Go carefully Hazel!
    Still cold and icy here, but unnaturally still.
    Lyrics, no.
  • Options
    Afternoon 

Hazel hope race has gone well 
    Els great photos 

What 4 miles
    Why to run in December 
    Last hard today
    Lyrics  very familiar 

December  historically  not good for my running 8 miles in 2019, 4 miles in 2016. Several  0 years
    Today 4 miles slow but non stop. Thanks to the fetch training log I last did this November 2015
  • Options
    Well done, Pammie!

Just under 7k here to bring up 50k for the week. Very icy in places.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    54:xx sounds a bit slow considering I ran 46.xx in 2018. I was fit then and 5 years younger and today was very icy for half the course. 

Happy enough! At least I started and finished (bit like Mastermind?), and constant pace over the 3 loops.

Still sounds good for Orkney Els.

Another 50k week is great Ale. 

Youve've started December well Pammie. I assume work gets in the way.
  • Options
    Well done, Hazel. Can't have been easy underfoot. You can't really compare with the previous outing!

Happy with the football, Wabo?
  • Options
    Well done Hazel.
    Yes work sometimes  does usually because I'm usually knackered between shifts 

I've had a few naps today 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Hiya
    Hazel - well done!
    Pammie - naps sound good!
    Els - great work on Saturday

What - 14 mile LSR
    why - marathon?
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was. No energy, felt flat, got it done