AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Tuesday 6th December 2023 We did dig dig dig dig dig dig dig

Morning!

Lyrics: We did dig dig dig dig dig dig dig
In our Mine the whole day through

For the little ones amongst us!

Yesterday's were Guitar Man, Bread. 

What: short run d&d

Why: dentist shortly and don't know how I will feel later!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - nice report
    Ale - good luck at the dentist!
    what - club session - 1k reps
    why - schedule
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Sunday, tonight will be the next one...
    lyric - nope
  • Options
    Afternoon

run before dentist sounds like a sensible idea Ale - hope it wasn't too bad.  Have you been singing this one with Salvie?

Good luck with the 1k reps Dustin.

What: solo recovery
    Why: no-one else wants to run today - come on the sun is shining (at the moment at least - according to the forecast it won't be later!)
    Last rest: 30.11.2023
    Last hard: yesterday's longer run

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Dentist not too bad, tooth-wise, but in a uncomfortable position for over an hour was not good for my neck!

Shame you can't find someone to run with, Hazel

Enjoy the reps, Dustin! I really should motivate myself to do some. 

And I am sure that everyone knows this song! Salvi hasn't experienced this yet, so must try it with him!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    I don't know the lyrics?? 
    Ale hope the dentist was ok
    Hazel I know the feeling, I really want someone to run with 
    Dustin well done for doing reps
    What 3.25, pleased I managed that
    Why I should have got out this morning and didn't which is dangerous for me!! 
    Last hard that was but I'm happy
    Last rest 28 12
    I will get out in the morning tomorrow and hope to do 2 early then 2 after work
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Evening!

Were you happy with Spurs (and the ref!) on Sunday, Wabo! And 3.25 is fine...as long as you get something longer in later in the week. I'm working tomorrow so the run will be short after work. Can't run before! Hoping to go longer than the 5.5k a day on Thurs, Fri, Sat!

And I would be pretty sure that you know the lyrics!