AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thursday 4th January 2024 Sick and tired you've been hanging on me

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 4 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Sick and tired you've been hanging on me
You make me sad with your eyes
You're telling me lies

Line two onwards. 

Yesterday's song was It may be Winter Outside (But in my Heart it's Spring)
Best known version is by Love Unlimited. Can't get it out of my head! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8loP4IA5Wk

What: probably around 30 minutes

Why: don't want to over do things!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    No idea of either day's lyrics Ale!
    Forecast was lying when said wind would go down between 10 and 11, 10 miles slogged but had to walk half of last hill into the wind! What a wimp!

• Options
    OK just listened to yesterday's, never heard it before! 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Els not a wimp you did well.

What just over 3 miles run walk.
    Why not much sleep post night shift. Brilliant  sleep yesterday so didn't do well today
    Last hard. Still last year 
    Lyrics  nope 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening. Wow els that's good in those conditions.

No idea to lyrics.

An hour in the pool with Lucas. It's one of those leisure pools so lots of waves, slides etc. Had Lucas on my back in the lazy river for ages so my legs ache!

Was out of it most of the afternoon with an awful headache. Don't think I've fully recovered from COVID. Did manage just under 5km in my other new shoes with a friend this evening. 

Early night for me now 

Have a good evening all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sounds hard work in the pool, Emz, but not as hard as Els's 10! I wish!

Well done for getting out, Pammie.

About 35 minutes on tired legs.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - did you get out?
    Els - 10 miles, impressive
    Pammie, Emz - good work
    Hope Hazel checks in soon...

What - 8 miles steady at lunchtime, 2 miles tonight after U11s was rained off
    Why - steady run, splashing
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - lunchtime was a struggle
    lyric - yes