AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Saturday 6th January 2024 Don't make the wrong seem right

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Don't make the wrong seem right
The future isn't just one night
It's written in the moonlight
And painted on the stars

Line two onwards of a number one in January 1977; in the news yesterday.

What: not sure, or when, or where.

Why: currently freezing fog so not running in that. Brunch for my twins' birthday (34, I must be getting old), so will have to run this pm.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Happy Birthday to your twins Ale! Must be old too, our oldest will be 36 in couple of weeks!
    Lyrics, no!
    Raining again, soggy parkrun marshal time.
  • Options
    35m25 parkrun.
    Stayed dry, surprisingly.
    Lyrics no

Still no word of back op although no junior doctors strike here.
    Off to see "our" twins in 11 days time ...
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Happy Birthday  to your twins Alehouse 

Yesterday's Lyrics here comes the rain again  by Eurythmics

What 4 miles
    Why indeed?
    Last hard  this a little 
    Lyrics  possibly 
  • Options
    Chilly parkrun marshal followed by walk up the hill and a wee bit of a run on the way down!
    Hope brunch was fun Ale!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday to the alehouse twins 🥳

Well done parkrunners and volunteers. It's snowing here so no parkrun for me.

200 cadence would be crazy l, I agree Els. Maybe just switch the HR monitor off on a few runs and go on feel. And if you still feel odd, perhaps do a check-up?

Did Hazel run a marathon at midnight on New Year's Eve? That's pretty crazy but also pretty cool. Not sure my body would function at that time of night.

I was in bed by 10pm in New Year's Eve 😂 deffo getting old.

I braved the snow for 5 miles earlier but it was hard work.

Have a great weekend all.
  • Options
    Chick, I only went back to using it last week after a year or so because I just don't feel things are right. Do a check up - how?
    Was also in bed by 11 new year!
    No snow here. Dry for parkrun, rained a little going up the hill but not bad, and wind OK too. Just still pretty dark.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Leamington parkrun for me today. Crazy muddy and wet and a big hill in the middle. I was really happy with my time, I must be able to go sub 30 on a tarmac, flat course now... (30:41 this morning). 

Ale and els you're not old, though I won't tell you how old I am 🤣😂

Snow chick? Didn't realise you'd got it there!

Happy birthday to the alehouse twins.

Happy Saturday all.
  • Options
    Well done Emz! I suspect half our age!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Not sure what happened to my post yesterday...
    Chick - good to hear from you! Decent mileage last year too!
    Ale - happy birthday to the twins! Hope you got out (I'm sure you did!)
    OH - Nice PR, hope you get news on the op soon
    Els - I'd be surprised if the HR was up at 200. Chest straps are usually more reliable. Maybe borrow a different garmin and see what HR you get?
    Emz- Quality PR
    Pammie - decent run
    Wabo - how was Harlow PR?

What - County XC champs
    Why - Was asking myself that many times..
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was. Allegedly 10k but ended up being 12. 4 laps of some runnable fields but some boggy woods, muddy quagmire and the obligatory stream/water bath...
    Didn't really go to mad but hard enough. More effort that this week's threshold run but about 70s/mile slower...
    (Yesterday was just 4mile with 6x100 strides)
    Lyric - yes (with the clue)

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Evening all.
    Ale happy birthday to your twins, my youngest is older than them 😂
    Dustin that sounds proper x country!
    Emzap well done this morning! I bet you can! 
    Chick well done on the 5, and especially with snow
    Pammie well done on doing 4
    Lyrics familiar
    Oh good park running, hope you hear about the op soon
    Ale what did you do?
    What Harlow park run
    Why a change
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12 22
    Well we only just made it as there was nowhere to park so we found a space .5 mile away and had to leg it, arriving at the back of a long path with a lot of runners, at the buggy and dog runner end, narrow paths in places, up and down, I had to work so hard to get ahead of pacers 40 to 32 mins! Pipped him near the finish. 3.2 on my watch in 31.21. at one point I thought I don't like this course, but in the end I really enjoyed it! Had a good strong run! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can