AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Sunday 7th January 2024 You start the year off fine

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: You start the year off fine
(February) You're my little valentine

Yesterday's were Don't Give Up on Us (Baby), by David Sole who sadly passed away this week.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Sunday routine. Did get out yesterday, but just for 4k. Have struggled the last few days so hope there is a bit more life in the legs today.

Good to hear from you, OH; just wish you had more appointment news!

Good to see some parkrunning! Plus Dustin's tough cross country. 

Snow is hard work, Chick!

Hope Hazel pops in!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    A wee bit of snow might be a nice  change Chick but not when we're travelling on 18th!

Lyrics no!
    Dawn run (8.15) and very pretty and still over Scapa Flow. 6.2 miles, tested out a mile of trail, doable but had to walk about .2m due to deep slippy mud. Rest was OK.
    Anyone heard  from Hazel?
    Should have got yesterday's Lyrics.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Not sure of lyrics today.

What: 3.2 km this morning on my own before another 2km at junior parkrun with Lucas. It was so muddy he lost his shoe and someone had to rescue it and put it back on for him.

Why: consistent consistency as ale likes to say

Last hard: Lucas thus morning. He's in a not listening to mummy phase

Ale I'm over half but not by much 🤣

Dustin well done on X country in tough conditions. 

Happy Sunday all
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well run yesterday, wabo! It can be fun to start at the very back and pick your way through the field.

Definitely worth a sub 30 on the tarmac, Em! Glad Lucas was reunited with his shoe 😊

5 miles walked on ice and snow. It was beautiful but not really runnable. I'm debating another short trundle with my Yaktrax but I'm also pretty lazy now 😉

• Options
    Very pretty Chick! And looks like our apple tree with a few remaining bird eaten fruit!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Very pretty, Chick, but not for running! 

Emz, I think when we met nearly seven (!!!) years ago I was probably more than double your age! Explain consistent consistency to Lucas!

That was an early run for this time of year, Els!

What: fitness suite plus run

Why: need both! Just under 6.5k.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Chick sorry not welcomed  you  back snow looks very pretty 

What 2 mile run walk
    Why easy day after yesterday 
    Last hard: Yesterday 
    Lyrics  no.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well I did plod a little over 4 miles with the Yaktrax but it was hard work. I think they count double 😉
  • Options
    At least double I'd say!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Chick I would say at least double! 
    Nice one Pammie
    Good work ale
    Has anyone heard from hazel, bit worried, how she's ok
    Chick it was fun yesterday tbh
    Emzap Lucas is  learning early about muddy running lol
    Els Great running, didn't sound easy
    I think I do know the lyrics today
    What 6 miles part forest part road
    Why more muddy than my shoes could manage
    Last hard that was but it was also really good
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Wabo me too I've fmailed her hope she's OK 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - lovely photos and good plodding (oh and at least double!)
    Pammie - well done getting out
    Ale - good stuff, longer run tomorrow?
    Els - decent outing, nicely done
    Emz - entertaining junior PR!

What - 15 miles very slow long run
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday/today
    Big group run (various speed groups) for a few local clubs on a local halfM route. 
    After yesterday's XC it was only going to be a plod today, so joined a few of our newer runners and stuck with them while they completed their first 13.1 milers. Easy mile before / after too.
    Lyric - think so