AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Monday 8th January 2024 With your long blond hair and your eyes of blue

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 8 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: With your long blond hair and your eyes of blue
The only thing I ever got from you

Chose this song due to today's date.

Yesterday's: Calendar Girl, Neil Sedaka.

What: 30-40 minutes with M78, then possibly add more on

Why: cut back week for M78

Wonder if Chamolk is still doing 5k a day.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Ale - enjoy the M78 outing today
    I reckon chamolk's moved onto 10k a day.... :D

What - easy London miles
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - the weekend
    lyric - don't think so. 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

I would be fairly certain that you all know today's lyrics!

Recovery does sound appropriate, Dustin!

What: 40 minutes with M78 and then another 15 minutes and 55 seconds on my own

Why: 40 minutes wasn't enough
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Even I know them Ale!

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What 4.13 miles
    Why seemed a good idea  at the time and have 3 night shifts ahead 
    Last hard today
    Lyrics familiar 

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice running at the weekend, Dustin. XC and lots of miles. Respect  👍🏼

Better get some miles in ahead if the night shifts, Pammie. Well done.

Also hope Hazel is ok 🙏🏼

I wish I could say 40 mins isn't enough, Ale. Right now even 15mins is a chore. I really hope.the ice goes away.

Managed another walk and another 5 mile run with the Yaktrax but it's like running through treacle. They really slow you down. Anyway, better than nothing 😊
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Worth at least double, Chick! 

And a decent run, Pammie! Do you have a target for January? 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening 

Ale no plans apart from running  further than last year that's 33 miles for Jan
    Had hoped to do another lfotm but can't get there till least April 
    Hopefully  can increase the run to 5 miles 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    100% know the lyrics
    Pammie I was going to ask you about lfotm, I plan to be there Feb. Nice miles today
    Alehouse nice one, 40 mins not enough lol
    Chick hope it eases soon for you
    Dustin hope you enjoyed the London miles
    Nanna duties today, scan for baby 5, it's another girl 😂
    What 2 miles with oh
    Why recovery from 6 yesterday
    Last hard that was it was so cold
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Wabo I tried to book the last Friday  off work alas someone had already had that off and the same for February  and March so hopefully  can do  April and hoping to do May and June 
  • Options
    Exciting Wabo!
    Long day at work, it's a no run day but hopefully out tomorrow, very icy this morning and evening!
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening

Love the lyrics and get the date reference - it's my dad's birthday too (I'm assuming I've got the right version here, I don't think this artist actually wrote the song or recorded it first).

Unfortunately not still doing 5k daily. Ended up missing 2 days this week due to various family things happening, so took a slightly unscheduled easy week. Got a good tempo run on Friday though with 3 miles in 22 mins. 

We were meant to have a trial of our new, local junior parkrun yesterday but had to call it off due to ice. Official start is next Sunday so hopefully will have warmed up a bit by then 

Will try and catch up what I've missed in the last few days but from today's posts I'm assuming there's still no word from Hazel, hope everything is ok.

5.2 miles tonight with the club. Pretty icy. Was going to do 10k but was running with a new member on his first night and didn't want to leave him in his own to finish. I'll go a bit longer tomorrow instead maybe
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Meant to ask - is there a 2024 in 2024 thread yet? Can't see one,  but going to aim for 2024km