AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Wed 10th Jan 24 - we passed upon the stair

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when. Although I wasn't there he said I was his friend

Same artist as we had recently for a different reason today

Not much else to add since I posted a few hours ago, just thought I'd give Ale a day off from the lyrics. Hoping to get out for something easy today

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, and I know why! Was going to post something along the same lines.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Wednesday 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All!
    Yayyyyy - Hazel's back! Totally get the NY run situation. I take my hat off for even attempting it so well done! A complete reset, especially with the house move, is entirely understandable. We all know you'll come back better and stronger!
    Wabo - epic run, well done. 
    Ale - decent run yesterday. extension makes sense too. Downstairs bathroom would be ideal when you come in caked in mud. 

What - steady lunchtime, village group coaching tonight
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - last night. 4 miles at MP with 10x100 fast, long w/u & c/d, just over 10 all in.
    lyric - I feel as though I ought to, but not obvious 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Should have said, yesterday's lyrics were Elvis Presley, who shared a birthday with David Bowie, with It's Now or Never.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon, or it will be by the time I finish writing this!

What: 45 minutes d&d

Why: legs weren't too bad and pushed on a little in places; next two days will be easy as I'm working
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon. Just a lunchtime walk today. I'm still not feeling right.

Downstairs loos aren't great for mud, need to have a shower in there too to help! 

Very very cold and grey here this afternoon. Can't stop eating after my walk, must be to try and warm up! 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo forgot to say amazing 5km last night!! Sub 28 min?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Likely to be a wet room, Emz... including storage for trainers of course. Take it easy!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    as always with this artist (or nearly) I know the lyrics
    Emzap, actual 5k time was 28.36, flipping happy - wish you better
    alehouse glad your run was ok
    dustin, great session yesterday and hope all goes good today! You will know the lyrics I bet

What: 2 miles recovery and OH is coming along as well
    why: Plan
    last hard:  last night
    last rest: 28/12/22

I meant to say, it was so lovely to see all my club mates, I need to make more effort! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats wabo - that's a superb 5k time. I don't think I could go under 30mins at the moment.

chamolk: call the treadie the lesser of two evils. Cold air (asthma), ice vs. boredom. I actually didn't find it too bad today. 

Covid can take a lot out of you, emzap. I don't think I ever felt normal again but it's probably more an age thing now than Covid :D  

What are your marathon plans this year, Dustin? Up for London? 

I actually know the lyrics today. Yay.

And I also know why. We were in London, waiting for our connection flight to Orlando on this day in 2016 when the news flashed up on the info screens. Knocked both of us for six for a moment. Such a great artist.

So, 11k done on the TM plus half an hour of strength work.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Thanks chick
    I felt the same on that day 😢
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great work on the tm