AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Friday 12th January 2024 I'd like to build a world a home

Morning!

Lyrics: I'd like to build a world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow white turtle doves

Number one on my 18th birthday, and still there on January 12th!

What: short

Why: work first

Yesterday's were Slade with Merry Christmas Everybody
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning 

What sports massage then work
    Why routine
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics. Unsure with 1st line but following  lines it came to me so yes 

• Options
    Lyrics yes
    Swim so far, aquawalking shortly.
    May consider a short run as pr marshalling tomorrow.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry, I missed yesterday - busy times at work, sadly.

I managed another 5 miles on ice yesterday and 12k on the TM today. We had freezing fog today which is a total no-no when you have asthma. Right now, the TM is growing on me ;) 

Have you struggled with anaemia before, Els? Hope some iron pills will do the trick.

Good luck to any parkrunners tomorrow. Pretty sure ours will be cancelled. Rain is forecast and if that falls on the compacted snow we'll have an ice rink. 

Have a good weekend, all.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - well done with the swimming !
    Chick - good wok in the conditions
    Ale - solid effort yesterday, enjoy the short Friday
    Pammie - enjoy the massage 

What - just 3miles with 6x100
    Why - all I had time for, plus XC tomorrow and long one scheduled for Sunday
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Training well, Chick...both indoor and out!

What: just under 20 minutes off road in the twilight on the way home from work

Why: very short of time! And light! The seven mile journey took 90 minutes due to crashes and a lorry on fire!

Alehouse shortly: medicinal purposes as I have a very sore throat!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Heard about lorry fire from my sister (similarly delayed)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Pretty well every road in South Manchester seems to have been affected, OH! Would definitely have been quicker to run!

Chick, meant to say that freezing fog is about the only thing I won't run in, and was actually why I didn't parkrun last week; tomorrow is most unlikely due to this sore throat. Don't want to stress it into something else. 

I'm overdue a sport's massage, Pammie. Not had one since before lockdown!

Streak building nicely, Dustin, but won't mention it.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Managed a swim this morning. I was in for about 10 min. The water was 3 degrees...

Planning on parkrunning tomorrow. Not a new venue but not my home course.

Hope you're feeling better soon ale.

Well done on the TM chick

Pammie hope you're not too bruised!