AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Saturday 13th January 2024 All around the world, Little children being born to the world

Morning!

Lyrics: All around the world
Little children being born to the world
Got to give them all we can 'til the war is won
Then will the work be done?

Number one 40 years ago today. 

Yesterday: I'd like to teach the world to sing, The New Seekers

What: something short and easy

Why: sore throat

Running out of lyrics! Can someone set some or suggest a new theme?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale Hope you feel better soon. Take  care of yourself 

What just over 5km run walk
    Why pick up library book I had on order
    Last hard Thursday 
    Lyrics think so

Can't think of new theme for lyrics 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Let's do city names? Maybe? 
    Hope you're sore throat is nothing more than that ale
    Nice walking Pammie
    Today's lyrics I am sure I know but the title or tune not coming to me
    What just over 3, 2.3 in first then 1.16 on the road
    Why nanna ballet duties
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    Still feeling chilly after marshalling at dark wet parkrun...
    Lyrics no.
    Well done on swim, emzap! water temp of 3⁰C is pretty hardcore.
  • Options
    Lyrics, nope!
    Ale was hoping the Alehouse would help the Alehouse's throat! Take care!
    Emz - chilly!
    Pammie, well run!
    Made wrong choice to go out in company today, 8.5 miles but got left behind right from the beginning except for a small trail section. Not exactly a social run! However the tea and cake after were fine so that's something but just makes me feel even worse about my running.
    Cold, windy and showery, defying the forecast. Dried up now of course!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Aww, Els. hugs 🤗 I thought the point of group runs was social and that people would adapt to the slowest runner.

Gute Besserung, Ale. I hope it doesn't develop into something nasty.

3 degrees, Em!!! I didn't know you were into ice baths 🥶🥶🥶 that's OH's territory 😉

Nice combo of chores and running, Pammie.

You're super Nana, wabo

I usually forget about starting the thread and posting lyrics but I will try 😊

7.5 wet and windy miles today. The ice is gone here but was still around at parkrun so it was cancelled. Some people still gathered bc it was our 5th birthday.

• Options
    Nice cake chick, shame the parkrun was cancelled!
    Yup I was a bit put out chick as I'd said I'd be too slow when initially asked but was still encouraged to come for a "social run". Still I'm a big girl and knew the way back! Not sure I'll turn up next time.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all, well feeling like it already!

Parkrun this morning. Very very pleased with my fastest parkrun since June on a hilly course! 29:16 so my thinking I could run sub 30 on a flat course was definitely true!

Then lots of heavy lifting rearranging the living room to get some more space for Lucas to play in. Think a trip to IKEA is needed to finish it off though.

Els that's really bad, even if you know the way, it's not on!

Ale hope you're feeling better.

Chick I've been doing it since sept 2022. They turn off the heaters at the lido and you're allowed to swim through the winter.

I did know yesterday's lyrics. I thought I did and just couldn't put my finger on it!
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening

Hope an easy day helps Ale and it doesn't turn in to anything worse

That's not the nicest Els, especially if they persuaded you to come along for the social run

3 degrees? Brrr. Great parkrun, so maybe the cold water helps

Hope the cake was nice and made up for the cancelled parkrun Chick

Hope you've warmed up OH

I'm happy with Wabo's lyrics suggestion, maybe Places rather than just cities would give us a few more options. I'm about to do a run of nights again over the next fortnight so I'll try and get some threads started before I finish work

30mins easy yesterday, then 40mins today. Recent tempo runs felt like I was struggling with my leg speed so did a few 10 second hill sprints today and then 30second strides.

Tomorrow we have our first local junior parkrun so I'll have all 3 of my boys over at that, then hoping to do a bit of a longer run as I need to start getting the miles up a bit

Lyrics no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya 
    Ale - maybe more alehouse medicine for that throat?
    Wabo - good suggestion
    Pammie - another decent run/chore!
    Els - another good run & good PR support OH!
    Chick - decent run, nice looking cake too
    Emz - top work at PR
    Chamolk - hope the boys PR goes well

What - County xc race 3
    Why - on the calendar
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - today. Not overly muddy, but a few boggy hills and heavier patches.
    Decent enough run out, should make a longer one tomorrow interesting!
    lyric - think so
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els that rubbish for a company run, glad the cake was good though
    Shame about the park run chick
    Dustin well done on the xctry
    Sounds like a good 30 mins run chamolk!
    Great park run emzap, swim sounds chilly!!
    Sorry Pammie I  read your post too quick! Nice run/walk
    What 2 .3 in forest, lovely, then 1.16 on road with a couple of hills
    Why fitting it all in between classical Greek, tap and jazz pick up and ballet drop off 🤣
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12 22
    7 miles in forest tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can