AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Sunday 14th January 2024 It might seem crazy what I am 'bout to say

Morning!

Lyrics: It might seem crazy what I am 'bout to say

Number one ten years ago today.

Yesterday's were Pipes of Peace, Paul McCartney

What: short run, fitness suite

Why: Sunday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

How's the throat feeling today Ale?

Successful inaugural Antrim junior parkrun this morning, only one of my boys fancied doing it though but he was happy with 6th place.

I'll get out for my run this afternoon

Lyrics yes (though surprising it was ten years ago)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Throat slightly better today, Chamolk, thanks...and also feel better in general than yesterday. Good that the jnr pr went well!
    Re lyrics, I though it was longer than ten years ago; it is a song that I sometimes use in class and seem to have been doing for much longer than a decade!

What: very slow 7k after fitness suite

Why: being cautious. M78 and I are running tomorrow but it won't be a long run as he raced yesterday and as I said, I'm being cautious. 

42k for the week. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Els that's a bit bad about your "social run"

What just under 3½miles 
    Why consistency 
    Last hard Thursday  I forget 
    Lyrics  no

14 miles this week same as last week. Last year had only done 6 ytd. Though  I was recovering from flu then
  • Options
    Snow..not settling, rain and strong winds....well I tried but couldn't really run in the wind going into it, 3 miles covered, only about 2 run. Feel useless at present.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I can't take credit for yesterday's parkrun cake and pics. I didn't go as I was pretty sure it was going to get cancelled. These were just shared in our WhartApp group 😉

Hard to run in the wind, Els. I walked the last mile home today bc the wind was too much in my face and nearly blew me backwards.

Cold water swims are supposed to really boost the immune system, emzap but I still can't bring myself to try. Amazing time at parkrun 👏🏻👏🏻

Nice progress, Pammie.

Hope you survive those night shifts, chamolk.

Glad you're feeling better, Ale.

Was there another xc today, Dustin?

7 miles done to get 70 k for the week. The bits into the wind were super hard. 

Pretty sure I know the lyrics.
  • Options
    That's a big running week Chick!
    Chamolk, glad junior parkrun went well. I hail from Tyrone!
    Pammie, good going.
    Glad the Alehouse is feeling better.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Evening!

Don't be so hard on yourself, Els! I think you are doing fine, especially for this time of year. It IS harder! Positive thoughts please!

Good week, Chick!

42k for me, which is fine given Thursday, Friday, Saturday were very short.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Got out for my long run this evening - finally back in to double digits - 90mins, 10.4 miles giving me 37 for the week which has been my longest week since last May.

Temperature dropping even as I ran, we've a weather warning starting at 2am for snow and ice thats due to last until Thursday and could make running difficult.

Chick - nights starting tonight unfortunately

Els - think a new junior parkrun started in Omagh today too

Pammie - the consistency is the main thing

Ale - fingers crossed that you're back to full health tomorrow.

I'm away for a wee doze before work
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    brief post, need to read back…
    what - 14 trail miles
    why - LSR 
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was. Some pretty boggy tracks but glad to get it done.
    lyric - yes