AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Tuesday 16th January 2023 You say that you love me (say you love me)

Morning!

Lyrics: You say that you love me (say you love me)
All of the time (all of the time)

Taking over the number one spot from yesterday's song 60 years ago today.

What: hopefully 30-40 minutes off road

Why (not): it has snowed so that may change plans 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Morning - got caught up at work so didn't get time to start the thread. 

It's been snowing pretty heavily here since 4am, had about an inch of snow on my car.

Got out for a slow 5k last night - the snow that was there had frozen so the grip wasn't bad, but there were icy patches hidden here and there to be careful of

Hope you're both feeling a bit better today Els and Ale

Yesterday's lyrics were I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles

Today's lyrics - yes

Not sure what today's plan will be - I'll see what the roads are like when I wake up
  • Options
    Lyrics no. Plenty snow here too.
    Still got terrible cold though less bad than yesterday so guess should avoid yoga class.
    Maybe gentle run.
    Worried about getting away now, boat should go but not sure about roads south.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - hopefully over the worst and continue to recover
    Ale - ohh a bit of snowy off road! Enjoy...
    chamolk - hope the roads allow some kind of run
    Emz - good work from Lucas!
    Pammie - great stuff yesterday
    Wabo - I don't get the dry face in the cold, but my calves/shins get really dry. Woke me up last night and had to daub on some E45
    Chick - well done staying upright!!

What - club session - Threshold intervals (roughly 2 x 2 miles)
    Why - marathon group
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - today
    lyric - think so

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hard work in the snow this morning! Fortunately a lot of people had gone through the woods before me, more than usual, surprisingly; the woods were sheltered compared with the river banks. 5k d&d.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Just back again, my frequent 8 mile loop in snow, was able to run most of it but some walking stretches, slower than usual but glad to have got out. Sky still heavy with snow and car is refusing to start...we need it to get away tomorrow night!
    Enjoy the club session Dustin.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cross post, Els; hope all is sorted soon, travel-wise. 8 miles in the snow would have been beyond me, so well done!

Wore trail shoes for the first time for years. I'm sure that they have shrunk!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics yes
    lovely photo ale, makes me want to run there
    well done els
    dustin, that sounds sore! Guessing you are hard core in shorts all the time?  I am some of the time as I have a shortfall of leggings at the moment

What: only 2 later
    why: recovery
    last hard yesterdays 7
    last rest: 28/12/22

I will be getting that 7 mile run in again on Friday as we are off to Cornwall for a week and I don't want to spoil our time away with a long run!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lovely pic, Ale.

Glad you're feeling better, Els. Fingers crossed the car stops playing up.

Congrats Lucas on a 2 minute PB 🥳

Have fun with the speed work, Dustin!

That's a lot of snow, chamolk. 

Got up early and managed 10k on freshly fallen snow. It was less slippery than last night and apart from the icy cold wind rather enjoyable. I love being the one that makes the first tracks in fresh snow. 

Yes to lyrics. 
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh a lot of snow today! We had none! Still shorts weather though 🤣 (it's become a running joke that I'm in shorts unless it gets too about -3 and even then they sometimes come out).

5km this morning. Ran to the track, around it a bit, then back. Then walked into town at lunch and back to enjoy some of the sunny weather. My favourite type of winter's day.

Those are good efforts Dustin. 

Els and ale how are you feeling?

Wabo that's a good mileage yesterday, sorry I missed it.