AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thursday 18th January 2023 - All right stop, Collaborate and listen

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
No thread yet?

Lyric (lines 3 & 4) 
All right stop
Collaborate and listen

What - 10 miles MLR
Why - seeing if the legs function
Last rest - 21/09
Last hard - that wasn't that easy.
I was going to run before work (5.30am, dark, very cold. Glad I waited until midday. Crisp, but beautifully sunny. 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I had lyrics ready to go...but no internet at work. Back now so first chance to post. 

Lyrics: no

What: 22 slow minutes off road

Why: slow because of the icy conditions. Never seen it so icy on my usual trails. Frequent stops to walk (stopping the watch of course!). 

Where are you Els and OH?!

Yesterday's lyrics were Short shorts, notably by Freddie and The Dreamers although it was a cover from the fifties. 

-7 (feels like -9) on the way to work; they say it will be 14 degrees and rain at the weekend! Quite a swing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    quiet today!

Maybe everyone is struggling on ice. 

Nice miles, Dustin!

I'm glad that the ice is gone where I live but in town yesterday it was a different picture. Most pavements unwalkable and also unrunnable. So I was grateful for the treadmill.

Beautiful sunny day today, but a rather cold wind. Managed 10k at lunchtime. 

We have a similar change in weather coming, ale. Wet and windy again. I'm not sure what's worse. I actually enjoyed running in the dry for a few days, even if it meant struggling with ice and cold. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha great lyrics Dustin!! 
    Chick, same, I'm not looking forward to wet!! 
    Ale good you got round safe, I did notice some ice as well
    Dustin great running!! Think I'm a crisp sunny fan
    What long forest walk with school buds this morning then tonight was 4 miles with 12 x hills mile warm up and down with club mate
    Why it's becoming regular and I like it
    Last hard that
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Lyrics no!
    Sounds like we got away in time, most roads shut today in Orkney and folk advised not to go out, no snow clearing getting etc.
    Boat felt fine last night, snow as far as Perth and struggled to keep windscreen clear having to stop repeatedly but south of there just some traffic congestion. Minus 8 in Peebles but no wind. Mother and toddler group, then soft play in afternoon then took Sean for a walk as he hadn't slept. Not much physical activity but pretty tiring!
    Hope all are fine in the current weather.