AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Friday 19th January 2024 - blue sing la lune sing lagoon, These visions are making me stay

DustinDustin ✭✭✭
Morning All

Lyric - blue sing la lune sing lagoon, these visions are making me stay

Yesterday's were Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby"

What - Easy Lunchtime miles
Why - Down day & slight niggle in the glute (I hope it's nothing)
Last rest - 21/09
last hard - I guess yesterday's sunny 10

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope that you are sitting on a spikey ball or similar, Dustin! Hope it comes to nothing. 

What: something short

Why: just back from GP armed with antibiotics and steroids to attack a possible chest infection before it takes hold. 

Was going to set the lyrics when I got back from the surgery but pleased to say you got there first, Dustin!

Good weather affected travel avoidance, Els/OH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you managed to escape in time, Els/OH.

Wabo: sounds like a good workout. I'm still avoiding hills ;) 

Oh no, ale! I hope you caught it in time. 

Not sure about lyrics today ...  

Another TM sesh of 12k for me plus some s&c. It has been snowing again so I stuck to the warmth and comfort of indoor training. 

Pretty sure that parkrun will be cancelled again tomorrow as icy rain is forecast. 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Yes, hopefully caught it in time, Chick! And another good indoor session!

Just over 2 miles here, very gently done. Had been hoping to make my M70 parkrun debut tomorrow, so that is now three weeks in a row there has been a problem! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening.

Busy few days so missed posting. Business and ice meant I didn't get to run Tue and Wed. Went out for an hour at easy pace yesterday. Decent session today with 2 x 3 miles at tempo pace (21:54 and 21:46) with a half mile easy in the middle, total 8.5 miles..

Hope the niggle comes to nothing Dustin

Hope you get better soon Ale

Fair play for using the treadmill Chick, I'd have just done nothing (see earlier re. Tue and Wed)

Meeting a friend for a night out in Belfast tonight, so just a few easy miles tomorrow then long run on Sunday

Lyrics - no idea, though I liked yesterday's. He was playing in SeaWorld when we were in Florida in 2022 but my wife and children didn't want to go. I made them all come with me to the Village People though
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening  

Did not run  Tuesday  to Thursday  intense night shifts and not sleeping  great 

Dustin hope niggles nowt
    Ale hope you're OK  

What 3.77 miles run walk
    Why the best I could manage as still knackered 
    Last hard that

Lyrics no idea

I'll read back see what you've been up to 

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening. Sorry missed a few days along with a few others it seems. Wednesday and Thursday were rest days. Not really planned but just so cold.

Today I did an hour of trampolining at the toddler takeover session. Let's just say I ache! Possibly not helped by the fact I had physio yesterday who worked on my dodgy ql/shoulder and that is all now very sore 

Parkrun tomorrow (hopefully Aston hall if it's on) en route to the running show.

Ale hope the antibiotics do the trick.

Pammie hope nights aren't too awful.

Dustin hope the niggle goes away
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Thanks emzap
    All done now till Monday just busy getting  store back to normal post Christmas 
    Still loads to do but should be back to 2 nights  a week