AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Saturday 20th January 2024 I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June or July.

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 20 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June or July.
Snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and spoon

Seasonal...but the wrong season!

What: something short and easy

Why: streak maintenance

Go well parkrunners: nearly all are off around here due to ice still. It should be washed away later today...or blown away tomorrow!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Fallen tree diversion (not new) but Hay Lodge parkrun (Peebles) went ahead. 36m55 for me.
    parkrun cancelled back home.
    Lyrics no.
    Looking like homeward journey on Tuesday could be prone to disruptions.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Well done on parkrun  OH hope  journey  home goes OK 

What 2.1 miles non stop
    Why to do something decided against  parkrun
    Last hard the first 1½ miles of that
    Lyrics nope 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    Afternoon ☺️

Quiet today.

Good to see the regulars back yesterday.

My prediction about parkrun being cancelled was right. Still too much ice.

It's very windy now but at least the sun was out and I managed a little over 10k
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done, OH! I ran round one lap or so of Burnage, and could see why it was cancelled with icy stretches across the pastures and round the back towards the steps.

Consistency, Pammie! Keep it up.  You seem to have made a decent start to 2024.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I did a slightly extended run to Cardrona, 5.2 miles then baking with Ellie....forgot how long it took to lick the bowl clean! And just back from hike through the forest with Jack on my back. Parents have had a rough night even by their standards!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - nice park running!
    Good running maintenance elsewhere too!
    I hope Wabo had a safe trip westwards?

What - 6 miles easy 
    Why - easy start to the day, now in Cornwall (& first wine/hot tub combo complete)
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Thursday
    lyric - possibly

Yesterday's were Spandau Ballet - The Freeze. Underrated song, one of their best in my book, Was their 2nd single. 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done oh. Great parkrunning. 

Enjoy the hols Dustin

Aston Hall for me this morning in just over 29 mins. Fastest time since June. I'm getting there! Tough course as well with a lot of grass and hills.  I need to try a flat,  fast course and see what I'm capable of.

Then to the running show. Great day out with my friend. Though we did accidentally end up buying matching socks (we bought matching tops last year!).  Tried some new running nutrition which I'm very tempted to buy (packaging free and more substantial than gels which I need). Best show I've been to for a few years.

Lucas is going his half marathon equivalent at junior parkrun tomorrow. He's so excited.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Emz on not the quickest of courses!  There are three flat and fast courses around here so time you did the other two!
    Enjoy tomorrow,  Lucas!