AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Monday 22nd January 2024 You're willing to sacrifice our love

Morning!

Lyrics: You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

Line two onwards.  Seasonal link, or was last week!

What: will set off with M78

Why: Monday, but not been well so will play it by ear

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    You beat me to it this morning Ale - know the lyrics. And I remember a hardcore rave version of it from the 90s

Got 5 hours or so sleep yesterday and took a while to drag myself out for my run at 19:30 which ended up being during the middle of our amber wind warning. Did 12 miles but it was wild - trees were coming down and stuff was flying everywhere. The gusts were in your face one moment, then coming from the side or the front the next moment. An eventful enough run though and took me to 34 miles for the week 

Hope a bit of easy running sorts things out Dustin

Are you feeling any better yet Ale

Good sleep Pammie, I'm jealous

Well done Lucas, and lovely they're all supporting each other so much

Yesterday's lyrics were Rip It Up by Little Richard
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Wow chamolk you are brave!!! 
    Lyrics seem familiar
    Ale go easy
    That's a lovely image of Lucas and pals emzap! 
    What possibly 3 up the hill, past Bros house and back down again
    Why squares on fetch 🤣
    Last hard yesterday, eventful run with oh
    Last rest 28 12 22
    Actually had to go along a tiny sort of walkway across a steam inch by inch to get across a railway bridge, at my age what the heck 🤣🤣
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Emz: Alty is on the tram line so easy to get to Stretford or Alex Park, and only about quarter of an hour by car to my house. Let me know should you be in the area!

I imagine Cornwall to be rather bracing at this time of year, WaboDustin! Just like here! 

Hope the wind will have died down by the time that you travel back, OH and Els!

Chamolk: feeling largely better and peak flow has gone up from 410 on Friday to 530. Seem to have caught the problem just in time and the abx and steroids are doing their magic. Hopefully not speaking too soon!

What: about 72 slow minutes with M78

Why: long run day, although it was a bit of a struggle from the off; on the other hand I felt as bad at the end as I had at the start! Very slow and wouldn't have wanted it much windier. Rain only for the last ten minutes.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Bet you're glad to have got that run done ale
    It was  very windy last night but glorious today so far.
    We had a nice run. Off for a mooch around and perhaps a walk. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Chamolk you're  going to hate me 10h45m last night a few wake ups though

Might be I'm due a b12 injection booked for 2 weeks time

Guess I'll be back to normal tomorrow  as night shift tonight and tomorrow

What a bit over 5km
    Why routine
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics no 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Eventful running in inclement weather and amazing sleeping powers going on 😉

Glad everyone survived their runs in the storm.

That sounds super cute with the 3 little ones, Em!

Yes to lyrics and I love the hardcore rave version of it, chamolk 💃🏼

I sat out the worst if the storm and rain. Or so I thought ....set off at 3pm and a monster shower and freak gusts caught me with about 3k to go. Got absolutely drenched 😂 but at least I had the wind from behind and it blew me home.

10k done.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Glad you're on the mend ale.

Just over 5km this evening. Running club on Monday has relocated to the track with the c25k and honestly it was chaos. I ran there the. did 2 laps whilst everyone was made to walk in a tiny circle. It was so cold I just went off on my own. 20 min before anyone else started running. Then 8x 1min with 90 sec recovery. I was flying on the efforts which was nice but won't be hurrying back to that joint effort in a hurry.

Hoping to make the track again in the morning but let's see how much sleep we get, last night wasn't great!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - decent mileage!
    Ale - you too, another good outing with M78
    Wabo - sounds a decent outing 
    Pammie - well done on the 5k
    Chick -  a well battled 10k by the sounds of it!
    Emz - sounds like a dceent session (the 8x1 not the c25k!)

What - 6 miles steady, 5 mile walk
    Why - ticking over, getting battered by the wind!
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - last week
    lyric - possibly