AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Wed 24th Jan 24 - we walked in the cold air

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited January 24 in Training
Lyrics - We walked in the cold air, freezing breath on a window pane. Lying and waiting, a man in the dark in a picture frame.

Picked this one for the places theme, but realise it also sounds seasonal.

Yesterday's lyrics were Viva Last Vegas by Elvis

Better sleep yesterday, as I was pretty tired, got about 8 hours. Just did 5k easy last night. Haven't quite decided the exact plan for running for the rest of the week. Want to try a fast 5k soon just to see where I'm at currently, but need to fit it in around the tempo and long runs.

Hope you feel better today Emz. There's still a bit of norovirus circulating here.

I've never been to Vegas chick but it's on the list

Hope you get home ok today Els and OH

I misread your post initially Ale and thought you were running with your 100 year old neighbour

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, hopefully, then long stretch this evening

Why: emergency cover for Salvador this morning (mum ill) then a meeting this pm so a case of squeezing a run in!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning just
    Hope Salvador's mum not too poorly ale
    Chamolk glad you've slept better,
    I've been to Vegas, bonkers and loved it
    What 3.5 miles with oh
    Why plan
    Last hard that was - felt tough a stomach is a bit out of sorts
    Last rest 28 12 22
    Off to golitha falls for a nice walk
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Vegas is totally bonkers but I really love it. It will be my third time and I really want to see the Sphere. 

Oh no, Els/OH - that sounds dreadful. I hope you get home soon.

Weather is totally crazy here as well, Ale. 12 degrees and mega windy. 

Hope the stomach bugs don't develop wabo and emzap.

Will you try a fast parkrun, chamolk?

Yes to lyrics. Lovely city :) 

I decided to brave the treadmill once more for 12k. Nearly got blown off a footbridge when I walked to the gym. Just no way I could have run in that today. 
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon just

2 night shifts done about 6 hours after each which is  usually my limit.

Wishing all the ill people better

What 5km 
    Why I didn't run yesterday  and no work tonight
    Last hard. That was a struggle  but only a few walks
    Lyrics yes 
  • Options
    Oh dear, poor Wabo and Salvatore's mum, hope all well soon.
    Bit of a weird day, after some yoga before checkout time drove to melvich and then Betty hill for some beach stomping and wave watching, was mainly dry if v windy. Then back to thurso for late lunch and got soaked many times. 
    Now at marshalling area for ferry due to go out at 7pm we hope....will still be lumpy but hope to get home.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - hope it comes to nothing
    Ale -  Hope Salvador's mum is feeling better
    Els - hope its a safe (calm) trip
    chamolk - yep, getting a 5k time in at least gives a marker!
    Chick - decent work on the dreadmill. 
    Vegas? Never been, and have no interest to do so....horses for courses I guess

What - Lovely walk around the coast earlier including a UK rainforest (yes, really). Bright, warm and calm too. 
    8 mile steady later before half hour in the hot tub...
    Why - getting out, been a beautiful (dry) day. 
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - last week!
    Yesterday was a coastal walk , with some pretty strong gusts off the sea (blown literally sideways). 4 minute easy run too.