AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Sunday 28th January 2024 We speak with an accent exceedingly rare

Morning!

Lyrics: We speak with an accent exceedingly rare
Meet under a statue exceedingly bare
And if you want a Cathedral, we've got one to spare

Line two onwards.  A place a little closer to home. Yesterday's were Wonderful,  Wonderful  Copenhagen,  Danny Kaye amongst others.

What: easy run, long stretch 

Why: yesterday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Lyrics, yes.
    Hmm missed out on early Sun run slot, strong winds but might try later!
    Emz, can only dream about those times now! Well done!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning and happy Sunday 👋🏼

8.5 miles done to get 50 for the week. Running dude who doesn't like to get chicked wasn't around this morning.

Beautiful and sunny but cold. But if frost on the ground made it slightly slippery.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed your dude chasing yesterday,  Chick! And I'm sure that you would be well under 30 at parkrun. 

Not done anything yet: Cricket too exciting!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    100 miles for January will not happen ale, I'm shattered today. I went out and only did 1.5 miles, back aching after all the coastal walking and lanhydrock yesterday 
    Only the first month so I'm not too worried
    Hope everyone is ok, been away and I just don't really get round to posting
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    But I did get a course pb at lanhydrock yesterday, 1.5 min quicker I think
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap I'm good thanks, just been away. Amazing effort on park run especially as you'd not felt good!!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: junior parkrun volunteering then went for a long walk on my own in the afternoon
    Why: friend offered to run with Lucas so I took the opportunity to volunteer. Still can't cope with running friends' world colliding with mum friends' world...
    Last hard: handing out tokens this morning. None of the children stayed in order!
    Lyrics: nope

Lucas collected his half marathon band today after achieving it last week. He was so excited.

Wabo well done on the course on yesterday. 
    Chick you running after dude made me laugh!
    Hope winds calmed for you els 

Happy Sunday!