AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Tuesday 30th January 2024 I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April Fool

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 30 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I'll be your clown or your puppet or your April Fool,
If you'll be my sunshine daisy from L.A.

Lines three and four of this dreadful number!

Yesterday's were The Leaving of Liverpool, traditional, covered  by The Dubliners, The Pogues etc.

What: will see what the legs decide

Why: run to feel
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    You beat me to it Ale, again 

Working 9am-9pm today so no running. Legs not bad after the long run yesterday.

Have a good day everyone

Lyrics - familiar but can't place them yet
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    A long day, Chamolk! And sorry about the lyrics, in more ways than one!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lyrics, yes, Terrible song indeed!
    Don't know what is happening with weather currently, heavy frost but sunny today then we are forecast 60mph winds from tomorrow until next Monday night. Boats off again likely (not that we have plans for going anywhere), got to be the most disrupted winter we've known here.
    8.2 miles plus a wee jog to yoga in a minute. Not sure i could handle your shifts these days Chamolk although it was much worse in days of yore!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! 

Sorry, didn't log in yesterday. We had visitors overnighting and I was busy cleaning, cooking and generally entertaining. We had a nice time though. 

Crazy shifts, chamolk. Kudos for getting the mileage in. 

Lots of miles at the weekend, Dustin. 

Els: 100k is a killer distance! Knowing my inaptitude navigating I'd probably get lost for good ;) 
    Enjoy yoga. I'm following Adriene again this January but obviously missed yesterday so I'll have two sessions today. 

Managed 13k yesterday inbetween chores and 11 this morning before breakfast. Our guests are on the way home now and I'm working. 

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Training going well, Chick!

And 8.2 miles is a decent outing, Els!

What: a gentle 55 minutes

Why: gentle was the order of the day, the legs decided
  • Options
    Chick, doing yoga with Adrienne too Jan but haven't been to a proper class in weeks due to Christmas and being away so thought I'd show my face today. It was tough so another session today will be interesting! Lots of running done considering you had visitors.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - wow , some decent mileage!
    Mrs D & I are thinking of dabbling with Adrienne (or similar for pilates) 
    Els - 100k ! That's just about on my limit of what's doable: start after breakfast, finish before last orders...
    OH - good work with the aqua jog. Meant to say, when I was away last week, I did a bit of amateur aqua jogging while the wife did her swim. Not sure if I was doing it right(only had a quick google...)
    Chamolk - good running given the hours
    Ale - if you keep posting these sort of songs, we're going to fall out   :D 

What - easy 25mins escape the screen d&d, club LTP session (5 miles) later 
    Why - on the schedule
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - will be today. Although with no marathon booked, I may jog round....
    lyric - It's not in my top 100, but yes.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not in my top thousand, Dustin.  Just happened to fit with the place name theme, inspired by the last two days.

Definitely one for Pilates. 
  • Options
    I'm told Pilates is a lot harder than yoga Ale so probably not for me.
    Dustin....I'm only looking at the 200k which starts at 5 am, would be keener if it wasn't self nav!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Busy day for me. Up in time for track so 5 miles, then work, with a lunchtime walk, then circuits this evening. First time to circuits in about 6 months. Wasn't as hard as I was expecting but am going to hurt tomorrow and Thursday!

I don't know the lyrics but feel like I should.....

Els 200km!!!!

Pilates is very different to yoga. I find both hard though!

Have a great evening all
  • Options