AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Thur 1st Feb 24 - all across the nation

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - all across the nation, such a strange vibration, people in motion.

Lyrics from the middle of the song. Yesterday's were Boots Of Spanish Leather by Bob Dylan. Pushed the place theme a little as they were similar to Ale's previous lyrics.

Calf still tight today, though it felt fine during yesterday's run and seems no worse. Think it's just slight DOMS but going for a sports massage later this AM anyway. I'm in the middle of a hefty enough (for me anyway) fortnight of training. Did last weekend's long run on Monday, so have another long run this weekend and need to do the following one early as I'm going away on a cruise with my wife - planning an easy week whilst we're away, but need to squeeze in runs before we leave.

I'll see how the leg feels after the massage later before deciding what I'll do today. Was originally going to be either 10k tempo or 8 miles marathon pace

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes. Was on popmaster yesterday!

Hope the calf eases, Chamolk. 

What: recovery run 

Why: ran harder yesterday 

Did you go to the match yesterday,  Wabo? Good result!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - ohh cruising , nice, where to? Enjoy the massage
    Ale - hope the recovery was comfortable

What - very short run
    Why - fitting it in. In other office today (no showers, no changing) so run may have to be back to teh station / with U11s later
    last rest - 21/09 but today will be easy
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - hmm, think so

• Options
    Chamolk, nice to get away in current weather - not sure cruising would be for me though!
    Lyrics, back to no.
    126 Jan miles so not fantastic but always the way when we go away.
    Dustin, sure you'll fit it all in!
    Same problem here, work starting just before 1pm and lots to do before but 7m squeezed in just now. Also bit of a weather window, next less than 50mph wind da is Sunday afternoon. Yesterday was foul, heavy wind and sheets of rain!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Later run for me than usual as managed to wrap  up warm and spend time gardening first. 

What: just over half an hour plod

Why: recovery run, and legs protested a little.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Decent miles all around :)

Enjoy the cruise, chamolk. Will the boys stay with their grandparents? 

Hope you get a bit of running in, Dustin. 

Els: We have that crazy wind already. Good you managed to squeeze those 7 miles in. 

My legs joined yours in protest today, Ale. Felt like wading through treacle although the wind may have played a role too.

Anyway, 5 and a bit miles done. 

And I know today's lyrics :) 
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Really fatigued all day so only managed 5 miles easy. Masseur worked on the calf a fair bit so it's easier but still a little niggly - think it's just a bit stiff but didn't want to force the run today, just in case.

Cruise is in Caribbean Dustin - Cococay, St Thomas, then Labadee (Haiti). Chick - yeah, boys still be with my parents for part of the time and my wife's sister for the other part.

Only been on one cruise before, for our first anniversary - didn't think I'd enjoy either Els but liked it more than I expected. Looks like things have changed a bit since then though - boats are a lot bigger and busier and things look less formal. We'll be on Oasis of the Seas which can have over 6000 passengers

Popmaster? Did you follow Ken from radio 2 to his new station Ale?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow chamolk, a child free holiday, dream 🤣

My abs are joining your legs chick and ale, circuits pain kicked in today. 

Don't know the lyrics.

Did about 5 miles with intervals and was keeping up with people I was no where near 6 months ago. I'm feeling so happy, especially with my aches!

Els I'm with you on not being sure cruises are for me but I think they are very different to how I imagine.