AN UPDATE FROM RUNNER’S WORLD

From 15 June 2024, the Runner’s World forum will hang up its running shoes for the final time.

While we are saying goodbye to the forum, you can continue to enjoy Runner’s World through our various platforms, each offering a different way to stay connected:

Sign up to the RW newsletter: Read about the latest running trends, gear reviews, expert advice and inspirational stories, delivered straight to your inbox. 

Visit runnersworld.com/uk: With everything from long reads and training articles to plans and nutrition tips, the content you trust is just a click away. 

Become a subscriber: Get the print magazine for the best in-depth features, expert advice, stunning photography and exclusive content tailored for every level of runner.

Follow us on social media: Follow @RunnersWorldUK on X, Facebook and Instagram for your daily dose of advice, motivation and fun. Keep on running…

The Runner's World team

Options

Friday, 2nd February 2024 - Shalalalalala

Morning!

Happy Groundhog Day 😆

Today's lyrics next few lines

When the day is dawning
On a Texas Sunday morning

That's probably stuck in my head for the rest of the day 😁

Rainy and windy, so it'll be theTM again in a few minutes.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Early start today chick, hope the treadmill passes quickly

Lyrics yes, very catchy

Just had a great 8 hour sleep so feel a lot better than yesterday morning, few bits and pieces to do this morning including getting shown how to use the parkrun website to upload results etc ahead of Sunday morning. Hoping to get my faster run done today
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2
    Morning! 

Lyrics: yes, and will indeed be stuck in my head, also.

What were yesterday's,  Chamolk, although I'm pretty sure that I knew them?

What: something gentle, probably 

Why: see how the legs are but not expecting much response 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry, forgot about that - Scott McKenzie with San Francisco 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Thanks chick, that's going to be stuck in my head for days. Though I guess marginally better than let it go which I've had stuck for the past week!

Today is a rest day. I hurt all over from last night.   May go for a walk to losen off but have Lucas today.

Happy Friday!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Chick - eurghh dreadmill....Enjoy !
    Chamolk - hope you get the fast one in
    Ale - hoping the legs respond
    Emz - ahh a Lucas day! so not really a rest !

What - not sure
    Why  - in city office again, work hectic, may not have time
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - commuting 4 days this week - didn't help that 2 trains cancelled and third one delayed this morning  :#
    #3 1/2 hours door to door 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope that you get out, Dustin, even for a couple of miles. 

What: just under 40 minutes, running around 4k of which a little quicker than usual for a steady run 

Why: 1. Trying to run steadier runs a little quicker
    2. Was hoping to parkrun tomorrow but am helping at County Schools' XC; could fit it in but don't want to spend the day in damp or sweaty clothing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just back from the run - 11 degrees today so went for t-shirt and shorts though could have done with a vest in the end.
    1hr with 10k tempo in it, think it was 45:37. Felt good until I turned around at half way and realised I had a strong headwind the whole way back so found the last few miles tough.

Hope things have loosened up a bit Emz

Hope it goes well tomorrow Ale - is it looking like it'll be wet or dry?

I don't know how people in London do these commutes Dustin, I've a ten minute drive to work and can't imagine spending hours each day travelling. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Lyrics yes
    Chamolk I went for shorts and long sleeve and it was warm!!
    Nice work alehouse, I'm always trying to do that, not managing but trying!
    Dustin I remember those London commute days well!! 
    Enjoy the rest day emzap, walk would be good 
    Chick hope tm run was good
    Chamolk, 8 hours sleep sounds wonderful
    What 3 easy miles
    Why Chingford league race, 5 flat miles
    Last hard this am
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Is it not v windy with you chamolk?
    5m covered I hesitate to say run as the wind ground me to a walk at times, no letup until Mon night according to forecast. At least dry today, wet too tomorrow when marshalling. A bit depressing!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Opted to run back to Waterloo - so just a 4km trundle.
    Hope to get some miles in this weekend.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well banked, Dustin! Needs must! I certainly don't envy the commute. I used to drive 40 minutes and that was more than enough.

The forecast is somewhat variable here tomorrow, Chamolk, although I am sure it won't be anywhere near Els and OH's! And meant to say yes, followed Ken to Greatest Hits Radio for Popmaster, and listen to it when I can (or remember!). 

Decent start to Feb, Wabo! And go well tomorrow!

I presume that you will be parkrunning tomorrow, Emz! Hope that you had a good day today with the boy!

Managed to do a fair bit in the garden but was then distracted by Salvador's arrival for a couple of hours! 

How did you get on in Jan, Pammie, particularly compared with recent years?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Went to forest school which he loved (campfire and marshmallows probably helped!) and then to town shopping and lunch. Then for a walk. 5km and I had him on my back in the carrier for 4 of them. Must get me fit!

Well done fitting in that run Dustin!