Anyone know how to pass boredom on the treadmill ??

13»

Comments

• yep, were not quite up to 5min km
  • Ah yes - looking at women! Thought of that earlier but it didn't seem PC to mention it!
  • It's not pc but I like to do that too !!!!

Gllad you mentioned it first !!!
  • I like treadmills. Did an hour and a half a couple of weeks back. Never bored for a minute. I can watch the kms tick by quite happily.
    Do I need help?
  • Coming from a hard-core treadmill runner.. it took me ages to eventually get used to running outside. Mostly due to the ankle problems i suffered due to a whip-lash like injury due to running on the damn things!

Outside running is great for daytime when you have plenty of time to try out marathon pace and get hot and sweaty in the fresh air. Nothing quite compares, i must admit, and you generally feel a lot better for it as gyms can get dead stuffy.... especially in my Reading gym after the I.T. lads come out from hiding...(being an ex-programmer i feel personal experience justifies my slightly harsh judgement..)

However, nothing quite compares to the feeling of pounding yourself at maximum pace on a treadmill, with the ability to programme in intervals at whichever timeframe and speed you predetermine (thank you Precor).

Distance running on a treadmill is the easy option when working long days. My max is 1hr 40 mins but that was with the help of an MP3 player blasting out a mix ranging from Marilyn Manson, Kula Shaker, Muse, Morcheeba and Chemical Brothers. Without which i would have presented my wrists to the nearest sadist.

Admittedly, running opposite a rather ripped male torso can have creatine+caffeine type effect on your pace, but i find my filthy mind and grin give my thoughts away and it becomes hard to stay on the treadmill!

I tend to count every step as i breathe in for 4/5 then out for 4 so my mind has to multi-task (good luck to the men out there) but running is cathartic if you use the time to plan the rest of your week... sad i know.
  • Thanks, Freaky. I shall jog down to the psychiatrist's, lest I start listening to Kula Shaker. ;-)
  • No seriously I managed 31 minutes on the treadmill lastnight and any longer brainwise would have been impossible, time becomes elastic.
  • Hi all

Did another 10k's tonight. It was much better because I ran the first 4 k's at 4:30/km then the next 2 at 4:00/km & the last 4 as fast a the machine could go ie. 16km/h or roughly 3:47/km. It was fine beacause of the variation in speed.

My problem comes on the long runs, which requires a steady pace. I have to do another 20miles in Sunday.

Cipefully with all of the above to think about, time will pass mpre quickly.

Any more suggestions

Wikkelspies
  • It's to dark. Also I'm used to SA wher it's much warmer. Hate it when I'm cold.

Never ran all this hi-tech clothing, but bought some the other day. Gonna try it out this w'end.