cheque cashed today

Comments

• How many people who bequeath their entry get in without having to enter the ballot for the extra 1000 places?? I suppose there must be some people who have bequeathed their entry and been successful in the first ballot. Having bequeathed my entry and also had my cheque taken, i do not know whether i was succesful in the first ballot or not.. This is doing my head in big time..
  • My cheque was cashed on 29 Oct. Annoyingly, I can't remember if I bequeathed or not. I know at the time I was of two minds about it -- either "I get a nice fleece and feel good about having donated to charity" or "I don't have £27 I can give away and besides if I don't bequeath then I'll know if my cheque is cashed that I'm in." ARGH...in future, must remember to make a note of what I have done RE bequeathing!
  • My cheque has been cashed and i didn't bequeath this year.I'm in 4th time lucky!! YIPEE
  • Congrats Roger.. see you there.

I'm running for National Asthma Campaign.
  • A few years ago my cheque was cashed and i mistakenly put a cross in the bequeathed box. I thought that I was in but wasnt. The only way to be sure if you are in or not is if your cheque has been cashed AND you definitely did not bequeath your entry fee.
    Wyn
  • Does anyone know when we should "officially" hear whether we got in or not? I bequeathed - and haven't heard a dicky bird since I posted my cheque.
  • Early December usually.
  • Thanks for that! I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. I've spoken to Cancer Research UK about a Golden Bond place. Any advice on that?
  • I ran with the National Asthma Campaign at the GNR in 2001 and their FLM Team in 2002, although not under a Golden Bond place. The support throughout the preparation was fantastic and the support teams around the course and at the end were the best around.
    If I ran with a charity again it would be with them for sure.
  • Not wishing to be a damp squib & all that, but a couple of years ago my cheque was cashed early November, picked up my training like a man possessed only to receive the 'sorry you are not in' brochure in December. I totally forgot I'd bequeathed my entry, damn & blast, if nothing else I had 4 good training weeks under my belt!!! Train like demons anyway and just approach like you're in :)
  • desperate to check with the bank tomorrow re;whether my partner and myself are in. Itwill be her first time and I am convinced she is going to get in.

Must try and sort out online banking
  • ESES ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the ballot is done geographically, because I am one of between 25 and 30 people who have entered from our area in West Yorkshire, and not one of us have heard a thing yet, surely one of us must get a place.
  • I think you may be right, potentially it could be by postcode does sound logical.
  • I'm in!!!!!!! And so's hubby. Leastways, our cheques have been cashed and neither of us bequeathed. Bro's cheque has not, and all 3 were drawn on the same bank account and sent in at the same time, so that seems conclusive.
    We're Surrey, so maybe there is something to the geographical postcode thing.
  • GradgeGradge ✭✭✭
    My cheque was cashed on 28th IOct and i didn't bequeath.i live in Paisley Scotland so how does that affect the postcode theory?the last time i was accepted in 1999 my cheque didn't clear until Xmas Eve!Sounds like the financial procedures are a bit slicker this time after all they do only get income once per year so they'd better bank it ASAP.Off to buy new trainers tommorrow!
  • Got my bank statement this morning with all transactions up to 1 Nov - no sign of my cheque being cashed, getting worried now so off to the bank at lunchtime.
  • Just when I had given up hope I found my cheque was cashed on 8th Nov. I didn't bequeath
  • Pete K.- I am in West Yorkshire - didn't bequeath and my cheque was cashed at the end of last month;
    I hope that doesn't mean that your 29 mates are now going to knock on my door....It isn't my fault!!!
  • Hi, I had my cheque cashed on the 29th of Oct but then I did bequeath so I can't get too excited! Probably get a fleece come at the beguinning of Dec, well it does get cold up here in Newcastle around then!
    If I dont get in I will be running under a golden Bond ticket but they are not willing to secure the place till after I find out.
    Adam
  • Adam - if that is your ASI photo from the GNR then how do you get it on to your profile? I'm not the best at these things really....
  • Hiya Adam here again,
    Getting a photo on here was an effort, but i found that the best way was to right click say on my photo (as this is the size it is suposed to be) and then 'save as'. Then i reduced the photo from the GNR and then copied and pasted it onto the pic I had just saved. I played around so that I was happy with the size of me, then saved it. then it uploaded with no problem.
    Hope this helps,
    Adam
  • I bequeathed last year. Cheque cleared in mid-November. Got rejection package early December. Polo shirt didn't fit. Waiting was a killer.

This year I decided not to bequeath for that reason - I want to know ASAP. Cheque hadn't cleared last time I looked, a few days ago. Will check today.

If I don't get in, the fee can go towards entry for the Shakespeare Half. I don't plan to take a Golden Bond place, having bled everyone dry this year with the FLM, the GNR, and the Ben Nevis challenge.

Good luck, everyone! Still hoping we'll all be there.
  • The inside track says that this year more emphasis is being placed on number of attempts in the past and failures. Also your anticipated speed.

If you are good for age your in. Also think about anticipated finish times. If 30,000 people think they can complet in 4 hour 30 mins the people at the end won't cope. So they look at the your anticipated completion times so that they can safely cope with all finishers. Last year I put down an expected finishing time of 3hrs 20 mins based on my training time over 2 miles. Got it wrong and was on target for 4 hours on the day, but a knee injury at 15 miles caused me to rethink my plan and after a quick chat with my physio on the mobile I opted to walk for 3 mins at each mile marker. Final time 4:26, still able to walk... Also I could walk up and downstairs the following day, unlike my friend who did it in 2:45
  • Was it £27? A cheque cleared for £27 on 29th October but I didn't fill out the stub, it's the only thing I can think that it can be!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    £27 if you aren't a club member - sounds like you've done it.

Good luck.

<sobs helplessly - cheque still not cashed>
  • Don't weep, fair Nessie!

There will be loads of us who don't get in and have done the training or just want to join in the pre-FLM panic and post-FLM euphoria. There's bound to be an alternative Forumite marathon destination. I know it's not quite the same, but...

Anyway, I still haven't rechecked my current account. Could still be in. Not too bothered really. The grapes are sour. My nose is now sixteen inches long.
  • Maybe I'm in first time lucky. Just one problem though, my knee is a bit dodgy so I might stop this marathon lark. If I do I'll sell my place to the highest bidder.
  • Don't let em se that keith, you'll lose your place, they are pretty touchy about that... they check signatres and stuff very carefully.
  • I have checked my bank details today and my cheque as not been cashed so far and i did not bequeath. If its being sorted by post codes area I live in Cambridge? Any one else from Cambridge had their cheques cashed? This is my 4th attempt to get a place in FLM so maybe it looks like i have failed YET again!!!
  • Very confused by the messages.

If you have not bequeathed and the cheque has not been cashed, does that mean you are watching for another year? (Two of us are in that position from different post codes and different numbers of attempts).

Would be interested to know how many places are actually available in the ballot vs applicants, once all of the preferred entrants (good for your age, charities etc) are taken out.

At least I won't have to go for very long runs in the freezing cold by the looks of it!