northern social

Comments

• Ian

Wirall AC run in a white vest with 2 green hoops, so not quite the same as yours. My new club run in a red vest. Hope the hamstring is ok & that you will be fine for Amsterdam

Have continued to improve, upto 8 miles now & did another of the 5K seaside runs in exactly 20 minutes this time, so definitely getting better.

On a non running note, I have got some good news for you all. Me & Suzanne are getting married, in May next year.

• Baz

many congratulations on your good news - 20 mins for 5K is really impressive!!image

Seriously - every happiness for the future together to you both.

• Baz, wonderful news, both on the 5k time, but more importantly on your impending marriage.

My hamstring now seems fine and i was out for a 3 hour run at the weekend, which gives me some confidence for getting around Amsterdam OK, just not as quickly as I would have hoped. 

• Ian

good news on the hanstring front- are you trying for a BM place????

• TS, I hadn't thought about BM this time round, partly as I slept in and missed the last one I entered !image

Also I'm off to run up and down (mostly up I think) the jungles of Cuba at around about the same time, so logistically could be difficult.

• I've just found out that we cannot take safety pins on a plane as hand luggage.

It's going to be fun trying to pin my numbe ron in Amsterdam on Sunday isn't it!

How much of a threat can a safety pin be??

• Hi DD, oddly enough I've just taken abreak from packing my bag to see what the weather will be like.

I wouldn't worry about taking safety pins in hand luggage. I did when I went to Holland for a spring marathon, and I'll be taking them tomorrow. Worst that can happen is they take them off you !

• Thanks to everyone for the best wishes

I am probably a bit too late for this, but all the best to Ian for the marathon tomorrow. Hope the weather is ok & you get the time you're after.

• Hope DD and Ian have a fab race...sorry I couldnt be there to pace you DD!

So who is doing the Heaton 10km? Im considering venturing north for it....but if no northern friends are doing I might have to give it a miss.

Im doing well-taking a weekend off racing after a new 10mile pb last sunday!(1:47:03!)

• Back from Amsterdam. Very pleased with 3:29, hamstring felt good and I managed to run at pretty much an even pace throughout, picking up towards the end, which is a great feeling.

Weather was near pefect for distance running.

• PPB - many congratulations on your new pb, a wonderful achievement
  • good one Ian,

I finished in 5:18 and my Achilles and knee have both been fine. I managed to run pretty steadily (just stopping at drinks stations) for the first 17.5 miles and then had to jog / walk to the end as my legs decided that they weren't going to move any further.

I was over the moon when I got to the stadium espescially as I managed to run into it image

• DD -glad you got round OK and enjoyed it.

I had a look at my pictures on the website and half of them arent me, most odd !

I have just filled out an application for the White Peak marathon in Derbyshire for next May. Did it last year, and it was excellent. Off road, but all proper trails, conder paths and the like, very much a road shoe event.

Gibside a week on Sunday. Any Northern Socialers entered this event, which is always over subscribed ?

• DD & Ian - well done to you both on your marathon exploits

& a very impressive 10 mile PB for our princess

Ian - I am up north next weekend, so have entered Gibside. My first time, have always had various injuries / trips away in previous years. Although the other lads at the club have always reckoned I just didn't want to do the hilly course, having done races like the Derwentside 10 & Keswick half, something I have denied vigorously.

• spooky, I sent an entry to this thread and it hasn't turned up.

Baz, I shall look forward to seeing you on Sunday. It isn't for nothing that the race T-shirt tends to have the words "not flat " on it .

It is one of my all-time favourites though, and the last mile is very short

• OK any of you lot doing Town moor in Nov? Im sat looking at the form and debating!

I know I can certainly run the distance but dont want to be the only northern social one and obviously there is the transport issue to sort....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Hi princess, I may well do the Town Moor 10k, but not sure.

I have just entered the Benidorm marathon later in the month and may need that Sunday for a long run in preparation, assuming my legs have recovered from Amsterdam.

This may not be the most sensible thing I've ever Doneimage

• Ian-oh go on...I will bribe you with banana cake if I have to image

I may text durham and see if he fancies being paced/pacing a princess (we seem to work quite well together as a team!)

Ian we never expect you to be sensible...I have the Clowne Half Marathon rattling around in the race ideas bank which would be Nov 25th...so a decent 10km plod wouldnt do any harm........

well best go sort out the bunny and then have a shower....stopping down at parentals at the moment with my bunny and friend Maz....we were tourists yesterday and had lunch in the oldest known pub in england which happens to be located in Nottm...the old trip to jeruselem (sp)....lovely pub grub too!

• Hi folks,

PPB, havent entered the town moor10 as I am returning to running after a 2 month layoff due to being busy at work, at the moment I am that snail.

The old trip to jerusalem, I remember visiting that pub a couple of years ago with some friends who live in Clipstone.

Hope everyone else is ok, well done on your marathon successes Ian and D.D.

Baz, late congratulations to you both on your engagement, hope your wedding goes well.

• Hmm, suppose I could do my long run on the Saturday and amble around the Town Moor on the Sunday.

be good if you can get DD to come, as you say, you ran well together at Darlo.

NS, glad you are getting back off the bench, and i hope that the return goes well.

Wonder how TS is, hope he is getting better, too.

Anyone heard from Rhino? I was just thinking about her as I sent off my application for the White Peak marathon for next May.

• woooooooooohooooooooooo! Party!!!!!!!!!image

Many happy engagement congratulations Baz and Mrs Baz to be!

It did very good food NS so should you end up there again-I can strongly recommend it!

Haven't texted DD yet...but a bit of royal charm and bribery might work image

Still at Mummy and Daddy's and thoroughly chilled!I was definately ready for a break from work etc..and I haven't trained once!

• woooooooooohooooooooooo! Party!!!!!!!!!image

Many happy engagement congratulations Baz and Mrs Baz to be!

It did very good food NS so should you end up there again-I can strongly recommend it!

Haven't texted DD yet...but a bit of royal charm and bribery might work image

Still at Mummy and Daddy's and thoroughly chilled!I was definately ready for a break from work etc..and I haven't trained once!

• Hello,

I'm not sure about racing at the moment as I'm still getting quite a bit of jip from my knee.

I shouldn't have run in Amsterdam really, but I don't regret it at all  image.

I'll seeif I can start running again at the weekend, but I really want to do Brampton to Carlisle again, but we'll see.

• Morning all,

well my cheque for the FLM has been cashed with the first batch of cheques cleared so it looks like I have a place for next years London Marathon. Hard training starts now.

Went out last night with the club for one of our speed sessions and I am getting most of my fitness back, still got a bit more to do to get back to where I was 2 months ago but it is returning.

Hope your knee is recovering ok D.D.

Got to go, work calls.

• Hi All

Ian - was great to see you at Gibside last week. It was certainly the hilliest course I have run, but very scenic & I was extremely happy with 51:04 & 93rd place.

PPB - I was passing the Trip to Jerusalem a few months back as well while on a trip to Nottingham. Seems like the Northern Socialites are heading further South.

Hope anyone who did the Memorial 10K today had a good run

• Hi Baz, Gibside was splendid wasnt it, and I improved my time of two years ago by over three minutes, so I'm well happy.

• Hello All,

Well, I'm back running again - myknee aches a bit when running, but after a good strectch and some ice it feels fine (I tend to keep it strapped up with neoprene when not runningto make sure at the moment ). Brampton to carlisle isn't going to happen this year, but I'm planning on running the Saltwell 10k and the resolution run again.

Hope to see you all again soon.

• Hi DD - good to hear that you are getting better. I should be doing Saltwell and the Resolution run too, so hope to see you there,

Reminder to self - get entry forms, fill them in and post them.

• Right then, to day I have entered

Saltwell 10k

Woodlawn Boxing Day Fun Run at Whitley Bay

Resolution Run

Oh yes, and the benidorm marathon a week on Sunday

Should keep me busy image

• been injured so no memorial race for me.....had a fit on the stairs at work and managed to bruise my left hip/thigh/knee and bum! just about mobile again and have a nice gentle 10miler next weekend at thirsk with chilledrunner and karen......we are then doing team bridget at loftus and whitby two weeks later but thats 7-8miles.....

fudge is growing well and im enjoying being a parent! although he is afraid of spiders so totally wrecked his indoor cage this morning when one refused to vacate his 'bedroom'..

well off to enjoy a saturday of being a lady of leisure for once...worked thursday so off today-woooohooo!

love to all x x