Options

Stratford Tri - 9th May

Comments

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    what a bummer Daz - but if he wasn't in the CS list does he qualify??? chuck in a protest matey!!

well done Ptf on starting - let alon finishing!
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    i had chat withthe cssc champs organisor today who couldnt find any of our crew on the day. she mentioned she was looking for our names on list as well as darren haseldine (so he must have been on 'some' list of hers).....but didnt realise she was hunting in last years results this morn, lol.
    but even if i knew he was doing it and clocked him on the run out and backs would have made no difference, cos i couldnt have gone any faster and he finished top5 overall i think

ptf, you hard b-stard! :O)
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Daz - I've heard of him! He's national level something or other, I'm sure.

And EVEN older than you!

lol
  • Options
    *glows with pride*
    you heard the man ;)
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    [executes the rare "double ruffle", rearranging two quiffs in one fluid move - it's not often both are on the same page]
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    jj you'd better wash your hands, i have a bit of hair wax in
  • Options
    They're taking their time with the results aren't they. They've probably seen mine and wondered how anyone could have gone so slowly, and therefore the timing mechanism must be wrong. :0)
    I saw a fair few transponders at the bottom of the pool :0) (well not so :0) if one of them was yours). Also saw a couple of bleeding ankles from the velcro.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    [rubs hands on jeans,muttering about boys and their vanity]

Gumps did that to me last week. :o/
  • Options
    Oh crikey, well done everyone, some awesome perfomances.

<hands round jelly babies and sparkly wine>

And CArl - that's the sprirt on the bike leg. Overtaking people is just the best thing in the world, isn't it ...
  • Options
    I wouldn't know.... :-/
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    petal has a velcro rub on her ankle.....

and if the website is it's usual crap state - it will probably take them a good few days to upload the results....

I did love the result on the big screen showing one of the ladies completing the 23k bike course in 11mins!!!

• Options
    Oh Dr Nic... I experience that lonely feeling of being the last person in the swimming pool instead, with the steward glaring at you becuase s/he wants to go and have a cup of tea, and not count the floundering lenghts of someone who obviously skived their school swimming lessons....

• Options
    Daz - bad luck with that guy stealing the win from you, criminal lol... Thanks for the shout I thought it was you and did spur me on.

Prozac - sounded like you may have been better off with a DNS, take my hat of to you, sheer dedication, well done for competing.

Lizzy - The feeling of passing people on the bike was truly awsome, with the speed involved you seem to eat them up so quickly, not like on a run where it takes a couple of minutes to catch up a 20 yard gap. The best bit about overtaking people was that they all looked pretty fit and that gave me a real buzz, my big tree trunk legs were powering the pedals round lol, im seriously starting to enjoy this cycling and if can drop a stone or so it will make so much difference to my power to weight ratio.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words of support.
  • Options
    Dr Nic, I envy the strong swimmers the most, its certainly the most skillful aspect of a Tri.

Cycling and running suit me as im totally carp at any sports that involve any level of skill/technique.

Am still enjoying the swimming and seeing improvements, just cant wait till maybe in a year I can start getting some reasonable times.
  • Options
    hi every one
    this was my first ever tri
    entered as a back lash from a bad london marathon so no time too train just had to go out and try and finish
    and''''' well fantastic
    are all tri's this well organised and friendly
    not only did i finish but i was a lot faster than i thought i would be
    i think i might be hooked
    cheers
    markone
  • Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    carl ive got a photo of you (and ed on run) coming out of t1 with a big grin on face. had camera handy for the dept. ill send these over on email if you guys want them?
  • Options
    my rather lengthy race report is on my blog as usual.
  • Options
    Daz, yes please, will be nice to have a piccy. Can you also cc my work email address as my home account does not like recieving emails from RW users for some reason.

My work addy is:

Carl.Barthorpe@Abbey.com

Many thanks.
  • Options
    Times are on the website:

My official is 1:22:21.

Swim 8:58
    Bike 46:23
    Run 27:00

Interesting info when I look at the splits and those of the people around me. My bike time is around 3 minutes faster while my run is about 3 mins slower.

That seems to stick out, does this mean I was just good on the bike or bad on the run or should I look at taking the bike leg slower to save more energy for the run?

Im a pretty slow runner and didnt think the bike leg impeded my run to much, just interested to see how uneven my times are.

Any thoughts?
  • Options

hard to say. probably just better on the bike and worse on the run.

so cash in on a stronger bike with some time trials in training and plenty of bricks to minimise it's effect on the run!
  • Options
    Carl - they way I look at it is ... if you went 3 minutes slower on the bike, would you gain more than three minutes on the run?

Prob´ly not. If you look at your timings, you spent around 60% of your overall time on the bike.

I haven´t got my calculator here to do the maths properly, but your average bike speed was just under 20 mph. Now, just getting your bike speed up to just over 20mph will have more impact on your overall time than knocking the odd minute or two off your swim or run time... something to think about!

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    top 4 sprint females had the top 4 fastest bike times according to petal which somehwat seems to confirm LB's theory...but they were also fast runners
  • Options
    Tri to runTri to run ✭✭✭
    Well done Carl - 5 seconds faster than my official time.

Really pleased, 'cos at 50/167 ladies, this is the first time I've finished in the top half of the results!!!

Run is my weakest event too, as evidenced in the split results. 48th in the Swim, 38th in the Cycle then 89th in the Run.

To do really well I think you have to be good at all 3, although with a short swim with this one, that is probably least important. The winning lady was 1st in both cycle & run, but only 23rd in the swim. (I believe she also used to run 400m for England, which somebody told me at Wombourne).

Well done to everyone now official results are up. Hope you're all happy with the times.

Jane

• Options
    DazDaz ✭✭✭
    carl, just sent the pic over.
    dont slow down in any of the disciplines to help another. best way to improve is to concentrate on your weakest disciplin. when its better than the other two, then change to the new weakest discipline.....and so on until you beat AJ.
  • Options
    Thanks for the pic Daz.
  • Options
    Are there any offical race photo's anywhere. There was definatly a camera at the finish line?
  • Options
    daz... do i want to see my pics ?
    if i don't look super cool i'm not interested :D
  • Options
    I looked coolish but that tight cycling gear dont suit me yet (still a bag of spanners under it).
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Daz - send them to me first, and I'll decide for eddum.

[giggle]