URWFRC Team in Luton Relay ?

2»

Comments

• Pizza Man,

Number is 206

I won't be running in a Luton shirt but I will have a Luton Town Wristband :-)

However to enter into the spirit maybe I will wear an old Luton shirt prior to the race starting and leave it at the start. I say an old one because it probably won't be there when I get back, well there might be a pile of ash.

As to meeting point I agree just behind the start is probably best. There is quite a large tree on the right just as you enter Cassiobury Park - naybe we can meet there. This suggests that unless you are marshalling at the start that you will actually be running !
  • I'm running, I think.
    So by the large tree it is !!!!!!
    Paul this is Cassio park, it's full of large trees. I presume you mean the entrance from the rugby club.
    See you there.
  • Pizza Man,

True.... No I am thinking there is a fairly large tree just inside the park on the right as you come out of the alley from the Rugby club. it might be about 20 metres in but it is the first one. I just it last year as a stretching post. Anyway you won't miss my Luton top with Bedford written across the front (told you I would bring the old one). Is Snicks right do you really bring bubbly or does she just mean fizzy water.
  • Pizza Man,

Sorry forgot to answer your mixed team question. No there is no special category or prize or competition. However there are no restrictions (except older than 17 I think) on the team members so any mix is OK e.g. male/female/ any category of vet.

• Alright guys so where were you ? I was by the tree and also visited the one a bit further up. I was also wearing the Luton shirt as promised which was certainly noticeable given the very large number of dirty looks I was getting and even one "I'm not talking to you; you are a Luton Supporter" comment. I did manage to get out alive though
  • Sorry paul, both Snicks and I looked for you. I forgot your number and I didn't notice a Luton shirt, they play in the pukey orange colour don't they. I even put my bag under the first tree on the right.
    We'll have to wait 'till the 1st of Dec. You're not doing Herberts Hole or Hardwick are you.
    BTW did you see the guy who'd brought the wrong number with him and was wearing his Herberts Hole no.
  • I think yellow is usually the pukey colour ! Actually Orange is the second strip. So I was in a white shirt with 'Bedford' on the front. I actually put the shirt on top of somebody's bag while I was running - might have been yours ! No problem see you both (?) on the 1st. I'll send definite details once the entry is back. Not doing Herbert's - Bishops Stortford 10 next week.
    Didn't see the guy with the Herbert's hole number. Did he run anyway. IF he was confused he was probably a Watford supporter let out for the day :-)
  • Hi all i`m running in the marathon on the same course ,it would be great to meet up before hand .havent got forum vest yet.Any surgestions where to meet?ta seaweed
  • Only joking... Paul/Pizza, I'm being strongly advised not to run this one. The do the night before will be a late finish, booze or no booze. I think I'd better opt out. Especially after my poor performance on Sunday. There's only so much a Snicks can do.
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • You saw the state of me yesterday Pizza...
  • Cheeky Snicks,

So you are wimping out.

Pizza Man - Can we use the Watford Substitute otherwise known as your brother ? Waapster was interested at one time as well but has gone quiet on me. The other option is to ask Seaweed to run the first leg as part of his marathon !! If we are still struggling then I may be able to find a work colleague to fill the gap.

Seaweed - We can probably meet up at Lea Manor school. The hall is where reception if. However it will be crowded so we need to arrange a reliable way of identifying each other. It needs to be really obvious or Pizza man will miss us !
  • Paul/Pizza. If you can't find anyone I'll do it. I want to do it. I just know that no matter how much of a saint I am the night before, I won't be on top form, and it's possible there might be childcare issues. But honest, if you're stuck I'll do it. I hate missing out!
  • Snicks,
    You'll need a note from your Mum or a doctors certificate.

Paul, unfortuanatley my bro' is busy. Maybe put up another thread "Your club needs you"
  • Pizza,

I was thinking the same. OK new thread going up - I'll say we'll take anybody well maybe excepting any more Watford supporters.