Options

Toe clips or cycling shoes ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lol - not deliberate, would have been a close challenge as your quicker on the run.

Ironman is 7 weeks on Sunday (18/7/04). Still running at mo but holding back on the cycling till nest week as dont want to risk making my hand worse.
  • Options
    Was only joking Carl - I knew you wouldn't deliberately do anything to stop yourself being able to train

7 weeks is not long to go - what are you going to do once you've completed the event - think of all that spare time you will have !
  • Options
    elastic laces are great. I used to have them on my trainers until they got caught in my chainring. I did about twenty revs before i realised. the crowd were treated to the fastest back peddling of the day. Carl what exactly have you done to your hand. It must be bad if you can't cycle.
  • Options
    My hand isnt really serious, just have a deep gash on the inside of my middle finger. Just tender and as it took 8 hours to stop bleeding im cautious not to put any strain on it for a few days. I dont imagine the jolting of bike handlebars and the firm grip id need to apply when racing or continous grip of a long ride would do much good. Am sure it will be ok by the end of the week, just playing safe.

Bandanna Man, let us know how you got on - another wet one i see.
  • Options
    Yes indeedy !!!

First of all a big thanks to all of you that replied to this thread because - what do you know - it only bleeding worked !!

I'm well chuffed to report a faster time for the duathlon of 1:04:13 - last time was 1:05:15. And I'm pleased to report the bike time improved from 32:29 to 31:32

What makes it even better is the fact that last time the bike course was 8 laps of the course and this time it was 9 laps (don't ask me why the organisers changed it) - so that's 1 lap more in a faster time

If that's not proof positive that proper cycling shoes work then I don't know what is!!

Once again - cheers to you all
  • Options
    Well done mate thats excellent, at least a 5% improvement.

Think we'll have a close race at the next Duathlon.

Are you doing the TT on Monday, bet you'll be close to 30 mins by the sound of it.
  • Options
    You're right Carl next duathlon should be a close thing - and to make it more interesting the July duathlon is longer - 4 mile run/15 mile bike/2 mile run

I'm at the theatre again on Monday so won't be about for the time trial or the next one - the next one I have pencilled in is on 19th July
  • Options
    Im not 100% for July Duathlon as its 13 days before my Ironman and well into the taper period. The distance will not be a problem with regards my taper but ill probably be to paranoid to give anything like 100% and this may decide its to risky doing a race so near to my main goal.