Fastskin FSII

Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
People say that drugs are cheating. But what about new technology clothing like these Fastskin FSII swimsuit?

New world records will fall, no because swimers' improvement but because of technology.

Comments

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    until it's outlawed Jose - kit development will happen.

look at F1 - they keep changing the rules every season or so to curb the engineers and designers

• J - do you want to swim in an old woolen full length batning costume then?
  • phwoar!
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    FB, it's not outlawed, they are using them this week in Madrid in the European championships.

Will, indeed, striped white and blue, o)
    jose - I said UNTIL they outlaw them........meaning no rules against UNTIL.....

interestingly - the new Ironman tri-suits incorporate some sort of go faster material technology - was looking at them Sunday.....
  • the body still has to be pulled through the water, no matter what it's wearing
  • TI swimers push and glide through the water :o)
  • in their knitted swimsuits
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    Everybody has equal(ish) chances to win, but what can be unfair, is to compare these records with the old ones.
    has anyone seen any comaprisons of what Thorpedo can do in and out of Fastskin? he's been a regular wearer of it so would be interesting to see really HOW much difference it makes..

..but at the level these guys are competing it's down to 1/100th of a second between a win or lose....

...for most normal swimmers probably very little difference as they are not as efficient as the top ones
  • records will tumble as tecnology improves its the same in most sports

records are moments in time and great records (4min mile etc) will always be remebered
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    what Mark Spitz would have done with one of these?
  • wouldn't matter José - he'd get so much drag from his moustache...
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    moustache?

i thought he had caught a fish when training o)
  • Of course, if any of you chaps want to have a forum race in your sharkskins, I shall be happy to adjudicate...
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    My wetsuit is very smooth, can i use it instead?
  • [thud]
  • Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    Jj?

JJ?

where's she gone?
  • I have a IM VO2 stealth wetsuit - designed to be very fast in the water - it is very spray on and water doesnt seem to stick to it
  • [whimper]
  • Do you wear the full length wool one over or under the wet suit?
  • Where does it end. You could say training is cheating.
  • I do feel that as fast skins have been show to allow people to swim faster than they can nekkid as it were, then they are against the rules if you take the rulebook very literally (they can be classed as a swimming aid). Hence Sydney Olympics hoohaa when the british team were told prior to the games they couldn't use them (as they were against the rules) but Aussies and yanks were allowed to by their own committees.

Obviously the BOC had to step down and allow our swimmers to use them (to avoid the unfair advantage the other nations would get). My view is that as long as it's a level playing field and all the swimmers are allowed to use them then it's kinda ok. Even if not in the true spirit of things.