skinny broomstick club 31st oct

Comments

• I think all Siameses must be loopy then Josie.. these two really are insane.. Also, they've started mating with each other!!! As I said, they're both boys.. and both been 'done' - so obviously having some sort of gender crisis I imagine... The Mr thinks I've made a mistake and that one of them is a girl...!!
  • I still think I am looking at 70 mins EP. Really can't see me doing it any faster.
  • Well, my two do go out, but only under strict supervision!!! Me or the Mr go out in the garden with them, or keep a close eye on them. We've not got a cat-flap or anything.. people think we're mad, but I think someone might steal them or something!! They are good boys at coming in when called.. well, when I say 'good', sometimes they're good... and other times the Mr has to climb over other people's garden fences at 7.45am in the morning and bring them back....
  • Michelle

Tell me about the noise !!! SG I was supposed to keep Samutra in for 3 weeks but after 3 days I took him out on a lead in the garden. he escaped and happily came back after about an hour. He's been in and out the cat flap with Smudge ever since.
  • I'm up for that. 6.2 miles in 70 mins is manageable I think. That's just under 12 min miles and the adrenalin on the day will spur you along. I am going to measure out 6 miles on Sunday and see what time I can manage it in all going well.
  • I can undersatnd your reluctance to let them just roam michelle, Samutra is 11 and a bit of a homebody :-)
  • EP you will definately make 70 mins at Brighton. I will run down the course and cheer you all the way home, SG is right the whole race atmoshere will spur you on. Just don't be tempted to start too fast.
  • Going by what you say bout the noise siamese make I think I'd better get her just an ordinary moggy. She'll love it just the same. Her rabbit was called smudge and started of life as a house rabbit but graduated to a hutch and run outside. He spent the last 3 years in a nice big run. Suppose she could put the cat in the run. Only joking.
  • Josie, Mine have got strange names too...!!! Scorcese (Sassy) and Shankley - they had those names already.. well, it's Sassy who's the roamer - Shankley is a bit of a timid boy really, but Sassy would love to be able to stay out all the time I think..but I just couldn't stand the worry!! Mine are so loving though - really, really affectionate and just love sitting on my lap and having cuddles.. Shankley has got two teeth at the front which hang right down - he looks like a sabre tooth tiger.. bless!
  • JJ the only thing that worries my about Brighton is its too flat. There are no down hill bits. I ran it one Sunday last year with Snails' Pace and found it quite hard. I know that sounds silly but I was tolling at the end.
  • Samutra is some Thai god or something. He is Samutra mark 3 actually. MIL will get a bit of a shock when she gets him back. he's started to answer to Muut.
  • SG I know what you mean about the flat part. My 55min 10K had a dirty great hill in the middle but I got a down hill rest afterwards. I think you just have to listen to your body and not be tempted to race off. I use my HRM to make sure I'm not going mad and have something left to give at the end.
  • Speedy - I've got a rabbit too (Brer) - he lives free in the garden! He's made his own burrow and is semi-wild really.. he comes into the house and everything and he absolutely loves the cats. He loved my dog Ben too - and Ben was a greyhound!!! I've had Brer for 5 years now and he's a right little character...
  • EP Don't worry about Reading, I'm going to run it with you and keep handing you the Jelly babies :-)
  • Michelle
    the rabbit sounds great. I hate keeping things in cages. I've even got a dirty great fish pond full of liberated goldfish :-)
  • JJ I know. Years ago when I did 50.01 for a 10K there was an uphill but a lovely big down hill and you felt like you made up some ground. Now because of the bulk and lack of training an incline seems like a mountain but downhills ae still great. When I did he GNR last month I couldn't remember there being so many b----- hills in it. Mr SG just said 'what hills' By the time we got to the downhill I was so shattered I WALKED down it.
  • EP

Don't worry about your heart rate, mine is very high. in last weeks 10k it didn't go below 175 and hit 185 when I pushed at the end. It's all relative and you should use it as a tool not a god. Listen to your body grasshopper.
  • SG, 2st and 10 months ago I couldn't even trot. You're doing brilliantly :-)
  • Michelle smudge was really friendly. When I went to visit he was always out in the run and was jumping up trying to get at you. He just wanted cuddled and fed treats of course. I can't think what must have happened because he was only 3.1/2 years old. But we have had really bad frost up here this week and she didn't have time to get the covrs over the hutch that she always put on in winter. Poor thing.
  • Any way, I'm off to seduce Mr J and break the news that I have arranged about 4 more races.

Nice talking to you ladies

Night Night
  • It's lovely having pets, but it's heartbreaking when they die isn't it.. when I lost my poor Ben at Xmas, it truly broke my heart. I can't imagine ever having another dog.. although I suppose one day I'll be ready. Mind you, I've got enough on my hands with this nutty pair haven't I..!!!
  • Thanks for the chat everyone. I relly must go for now. The ironing awaits and if I don't do it I've nothing for work tomorrow and Mr SG won't have a clean shirt either. Will let you all know if I manage to get her a little kitten or another rabbit. Kids grow up and leave home but you never stop looking after them do you.
    EP stick at the diet. Remember 4 lbs by Brighton and we will make 70 mins. Going to read my Slimming World books in bed to insipre me. (is this sad or what).
    Night night all. Speak to you tomorrow.
  • Grr, you're all leaving when I turn up, as usual! :p

Hello anyone still left :)