You know you're getting old

- I listen mainly to Radio 2 (remembering Wrighty and his afternoon Posse being on R1)
- Showed kids at Athletics club last night proper way to 'bunny hop' over gym benchs - I could do it but my knees hurt!!
Went to a party and didn't get drunk...

Comments

• TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Yep,

I now know I am getting old when I now have more than 3 or 4 glasses of wine and feel crap next day!

And I am apparently doing what old people do - sigh when I get up from the settee or out of bed!
  • You bend down to do your shoelaces and you look around for something else to do while you're down there
  • I remember the first time I said "... which was a lot of money in those days". Still sends a shiver down my spine just to think of it.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I was recently visiting my mum for the weekend and ran into an old school friend in the street. I greeted her with a "God, I haven't seen you in years". The blank look she gave me was puzzling, until I realised that I was speaking to her daughter.............
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Had a date with a toy boy at the weekend and had VH1 on TV and Abba came on and the info bit said 1981 and I thought to myself 'flippin heck that was when I was 21'

What made it worse was he said "I was only 9 then"!!

Heigh ho ........
  • getting on a plane and the pilot's younger than you
  • Catching yourself saying things like 'young people today' or when i was young we'd never have dreamed of doing such a thing (honest ;) ).

Always scary when TOTP2 starts reguarly playing music that you know because you remeber it being released rather than just happening to have heared it somewhere....
  • A bottle of hair shampoo lasts a year!!
  • I find myself saying "How are you supposed to run for bus in those?" when I despair at the ridiculously baggy/low cut jeans you can get.
  • .........when an "all nighter" means not having to get up to go to the toilet before 7:00 a.m.
  • My Dad was a teacher.

He says you know you're getting old when you meet one of your ex-pupils in the street and find out they've just retired.
  • when you say something and then realise with horror that you have turned into your mother! (e.g. we used to make our own entertainment; oh they (shoes) look comfie)
  • When I was a child I liked getting Birthday cards it meant I was another year older.

Well todays my 47th Birthday and I still like getting cards, but now it just means I have some friends who care and bother sending cards to show me they have remembered.
  • ....you read a thread like this and agree with ALL of it !!
  • happy birthday FCv2

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    When you realise that your mortgage has less than 10 year to run............
  • Happy Birthday Fit Chick - 47's the best age to be !!
  • Thanks for birthday wishes Suse and FR. I have had a great day. I have had lots of friends drop by and for once the weather has been great and I have been sitting enjoying the sunshine and having a nice drink with them.